What's new

best DVD Player for Epson 5300 (1 Viewer)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I have recently aquired an Epson Powerlite 5300 video projector, it's an SVGA projector, 4X3 aspect ratio, but you can feed it a 16X9 image and it will resize it (and looks fairly good doing it).

DVD looks fairly pixellated, however, and I read a review somewhere that said that for various technical reasons, the image needs "anti-aliasing" (I know what the term means, just quoting it because it wasn't my words).

I am currently using an old DVD player (Panasonic A-120) and should probably be upgrading to a better player anyway, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a player to use with this projector? The projector has component, 5-bnc, vga, s-video and composite inputs. I am currently using the component video hookup. My player is not pro-scan. :) Is that enough info?

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Is upconverting to 1080i really worth it on an 800X600 projector? When I run 1024x768 on VGA to it, it doesn't look very pretty :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Read the posts on this page of the 318 thread

Pay attention to DaveGTP's posts. You could email him and ask for further clarification. He seems happy with the results.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Yes I noticed that too. I am going to see about getting one of these babys :-D

Anyone else have any straight out 480p recommended players?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Panasonic RP56 is highly thought of - as well as the XP30 and RP82.

Users who are viewing this thread