What's new

Best DVD player for $90 or under? (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
We are going to be buying one for my father in law, but we are a little low on cash, so I would like your suggestions on players that are $90 or LESS.

Thanks,

-Nate

DanaA

Screenwriter
Nathan,

Don't know if you want to go this route, but I bought a Toshiba refurb at ubid.com for my daughters. I got it for $29 a couple of months ago. So far, no problems (knock on wood). Can't remember what shipping was, but I remember thinking it was a bit stiff. Still, it's done well so far.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Spend a little more money and get a reliable player (Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Pioneer). You both will be happy in the long run - better quality and a LOT MORE longevity.

Best Buy has a Toshiba model for around 95.00 right now.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, thanks for the offer Alan, but I kinda want a new one... one that can play MP3's....etc.
I have seen a couple at places like CC or best buy, Zenith, Samsung....
Anyone have a recommendation?
Like I said though, gotta be UNDER $90......no $100, No$125 :)

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Get him the Cyberhome 500 from Best Buy. It's back to $69, is PS, does MP3's, etc.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Nathan, PS = progressive scan.

I agree with Dave. Spend a bit more and get a player by a major manufacturer -- Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Pioneer, Toshiba, etc. I would stay away from the sub-$100 players by APEX, Mintek, Cyberhome, etc. Just my opinion.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Ok thanks,

As for the price thing.....I know it would be better to get him a more expensive one, but, as of right now, he doesnt even have a reciever, or a decent speaker setup, and this is all the money we have for his birthday.....things are kinda tight now being that its right after christmas and all.

What do people think of the $80 players from sony, jvc, and samsung?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Nathan, does Sony make an $80 DVD player? The cheapest current model is the DVP-NS315, but I think it sells for over $100.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Bernie's a small MA, RI, CT chain has put the Sony model 315 on sale a few times for $89 (regular price $129) so I would guess it can be had for that if your willing to fight with your retailer's.

Steve Mudie

Auditioning
I picked up the Apex AD1100W single disc DVD player from Wal-Mart for less than $60 and it reads all types of CDRs and CD-RWs as well as plays Mp3s and even will diplay JPEGs in a slide show fashion on the TV. The picture quality is fine. It's not my primary player but you can't beat it's features for the money.

Steve

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
We bought a KLH DVD player at Costco for my wife's aunt for Christmas. It was $69. and even has a front panel display as many under $70. players do not. Costco also has a one year guaranty policy so you cant go too wrong.
Just was looking and there seems to be alot of online support for Sampo DVd players. http://www.area450.com.
A friend of mine has one and he loves it, It will play most anything you throw at it! Can be bought for well under $90.
http://www.dealtime.com/dt-app/SE/KW...081972/GS.html
Wes

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I'd say get the Toshiba SD-1800, but that might be SLIGHTLY out of your price range.

I do hear its one of the better non-PS DVD players out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks