What's new

Best DVD player for ~$2000 (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anyone could give some good options for the following DVD player. My friend is almost 100 percent looking for the very best video/audio out there without much concern for stuff like SACD and DVD-Audio (although those are nice perks). Avoiding the chroma bug would be a necessity.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have some suggestions? My friend mentioned the Onkyo DV-S939, but I dont know much about this model.

Will Binegar

Auditioning
Although it's since been replaced by a newer model, the EAD Theatervision P is considered a reference level DVD player by the folks at Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity. It can be found at AudioGon for $2000 or less.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shayne, the Onkyo DV-S939 is a nice progressive-scan DVD player that also offers DVD-Audio playback. Check www.crutchfield.com for more information. For only $100-200, your friend could get the Integra RDV-9.1. Integra is Onkyo's higher-end line. The '9.1 looks very similar to the 'S939, but is built better inside and out and comes with a longer warranty (three years). He should be able to get the '9.1 for around $1800.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i think Marantz offers some high-end players that might be in your ballpark. i'd give them a look.
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks