Best DVD Player around $350

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by hendricksonET, Dec 24, 2005.

1. hendricksonET

hendricksonET Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I have a 5 disc Sony DVD player (DVP-NC875V) that cost around $130 and I don't think that the video quality is really cutting it. The TV I have is a Sony 42" LCD RPTV model KDF-42WE655 w/HDMI. I've been looking at the Denon DVD-1920 and I just want to know if I am going to see a big difference in the picture and sound quality? Are there any better DVD players for around the same price?

Lemme know your opinions.

Thanks!

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    The Denon DVD-1920 should be good but I have read of some power supply problems. The Panasonic DVD-S97S would be a safer bet. The only concern would be how susceptible is your display to the Faroudja FLI2310 macroblocking enhancement problem.

Chris

3. hendricksonET

With the Denon do you know if I will get a big increase in video quality? I watch HD shows on it and I know the picture quality is much better then what I am getting with the DVD player. I know its 480p vs 720p, but the quality was not what I would have expected.

Would bumping up to the Denon DVD-2910 be a huge difference in vq/sq? I'm just looking to have great looking movies...that is what the majority of this TV is used for.

Thanks!

4. hendricksonET

Does anyone have any opinions on the Panasonic DVD-S97S vs. SONY DVP-NS3100ES vs. Denon 1920 vs Denon 2910?

Thanks!