What's new

Best DVD Player around $350 (1 Viewer)

hendricksonET

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I have a 5 disc Sony DVD player (DVP-NC875V) that cost around $130 and I don't think that the video quality is really cutting it. The TV I have is a Sony 42" LCD RPTV model KDF-42WE655 w/HDMI. I've been looking at the Denon DVD-1920 and I just want to know if I am going to see a big difference in the picture and sound quality? Are there any better DVD players for around the same price?

Lemme know your opinions.

Thanks!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The Denon DVD-1920 should be good but I have read of some power supply problems. The Panasonic DVD-S97S would be a safer bet. The only concern would be how susceptible is your display to the Faroudja FLI2310 macroblocking enhancement problem.

Chris

hendricksonET

Stunt Coordinator
With the Denon do you know if I will get a big increase in video quality? I watch HD shows on it and I know the picture quality is much better then what I am getting with the DVD player. I know its 480p vs 720p, but the quality was not what I would have expected.

Would bumping up to the Denon DVD-2910 be a huge difference in vq/sq? I'm just looking to have great looking movies...that is what the majority of this TV is used for.

Thanks!

hendricksonET

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any opinions on the Panasonic DVD-S97S vs. SONY DVP-NS3100ES vs. Denon 1920 vs Denon 2910?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks