What's new

Best DVD Changer for CDs??? (1 Viewer)

PeterCB

Agent
I have been looking for a DVD player and a CD changer (almost decided on a Denon 1600 and Sony 222es) because conventional wisdom (and many audio salespeople) say you can't get good CD audio performance from a DVD player.

However, I just found a store selling the NAD T571 DVD changer for a great price ($399). I have read two really good reviews, especially as far as CD playback is concerned.

Is there anyone out there who has this changer and can comment? If I can get close to the audio and video performance of the Denon/Sony, I would really prefer to get one unit.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Peter, I haven't used the NAD changer, but definitely give the Denon '1600/Sony 'C222ES serious consideration. For one thing, both components are very capable CD players. Furthermore, the Denon '1600 does not show the chroma bug. I'm not sure if the NAD changer does or not. Finally, with the '1600/'C222ES combo, you get both DVD-Audio and SACD. With the NAD changer, you get neither. I realize that the '1600/'C222ES combo costs quite a bit more than the NAD changer, but I feel the combo is well worth the extra money.

PeterCB

Agent
Keith, thanks for your response. I have read a lot of your posts on this forum, and know that you are very knowledgeable on this subject. As a matter of fact, that is how I came upon the Sony 222ES.

Do you think the Denon 1600 is the best choice for DVD. I was also considering the Panasonic RP91. I know that it does not use the Faroudja de-interlacer, but I hear that for 480i it cannot be beat. I just got a Loewe Aconda HDTV, and was told by a Loewe tech rep that I am probably better off using the line doubler on the TV vs. progressive scan on the DVD player. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I would still be interested if there is anyone out there who has experience with the NAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks