What's new

best dvd-audio CHANGER ? FOR A PRICE? (1 Viewer)

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I like the Yamaha dvdc920 w/ the dcdi ,etc....
ANYTHING ELSE in the same price range????
Audio more important than video....but only for dvda..have other cd transports
Don't want to start a thread about the inherent problems of the chroma bug,,,I don't care............

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, I don't know how much the Yamaha changer you mentioned runs, but take a look at the Kenwood Sovereign DV-5700. Crutchfield has it for $800. When released, it went for $1200. I know you don't care, but the '5700 doesn't show the chroma bug. ;)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, one more suggestion. You might also look at the Denon DVM-4800. Crutchfield has it for $1200. It too doesn't show the chroma bug.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Keith,
I am real familiar with the denon and kenwoods mentioned but the Yamaha retails for $600 and I can get it for less cause I am a retailer (rep firms will give me accomadation pricing on whatever brand I want though ,so, I am, looking to see what else is out there in an inexpensive player...the panny 72 looks like a possibility, but I'm scepticaL about the DACs.............thanks

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matt, there aren't too many DVD-Audio changers out there. The 'CP72 is another consideration, but I wouldn't expect it to compete with more expensive models like those from Yamaha, Kenwood, and Denon.

Larry Becker

Agent
I bought a JVC XVFA-95GD 7-disk DVD-Audio changer for about $399 in Jan. 02 and it's been just great. It seems to handle everything I throw at it, but I run it in s-video into an older Sony 32" XBR. I really enjoy the DVD-audio output (into a Pioneer Elite 49tx w/ Veritas speakers).

Larry

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
concerned with DAC's mostly......when will denon do a version of the 1600 in changer??????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks