best dvd-audio CHANGER ? FOR A PRICE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Jesty, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Matt Jesty

Matt Jesty Second Unit

I like the Yamaha dvdc920 w/ the dcdi ,etc....
    ANYTHING ELSE in the same price range????
    Audio more important than video....but only for dvda..have other cd transports
    Don't want to start a thread about the inherent problems of the chroma bug,,,I don't care............

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Matt, I don't know how much the Yamaha changer you mentioned runs, but take a look at the Kenwood Sovereign DV-5700. Crutchfield has it for $800. When released, it went for $1200. I know you don't care, but the '5700 doesn't show the chroma bug. [​IMG]

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Matt, one more suggestion. You might also look at the Denon DVM-4800. Crutchfield has it for $1200. It too doesn't show the chroma bug.

4. Matt Jesty

Matt Jesty Second Unit

Keith,
    I am real familiar with the denon and kenwoods mentioned but the Yamaha retails for $600 and I can get it for less cause I am a retailer (rep firms will give me accomadation pricing on whatever brand I want though ,so, I am, looking to see what else is out there in an inexpensive player...the panny 72 looks like a possibility, but I'm scepticaL about the DACs.............thanks

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Matt, there aren't too many DVD-Audio changers out there. The 'CP72 is another consideration, but I wouldn't expect it to compete with more expensive models like those from Yamaha, Kenwood, and Denon.

6. Larry Becker

Larry Becker Agent

I bought a JVC XVFA-95GD 7-disk DVD-Audio changer for about $399 in Jan. 02 and it's been just great. It seems to handle everything I throw at it, but I run it in s-video into an older Sony 32" XBR. I really enjoy the DVD-audio output (into a Pioneer Elite 49tx w/ Veritas speakers).

Larry

7. Matt Jesty

Matt Jesty Second Unit

concerned with DAC's mostly......when will denon do a version of the 1600 in changer??????????????

8. Dan_R_M

Dan_R_M Stunt Coordinator

does the c920 have the chroma bug anyway?