What's new

Best DLP Projector On the Market Today? (1 Viewer)

Michael FF

Stunt Coordinator
In terms of sharpness of focus, what is the best DLP front projector available today regardless of price? (For a 16:9 screen size of approximately 100" diag.) Is there a particular projector, and if so, what is the approximate cost? Many thanx for any info.

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
That's a very broad question to answer. But most of the "best" DLP projectors use the HD2 Mustang 16:9 chip. I believe this to be native 720P. All incoming signals will be converted to this native resolution.

Now you need to look at which projector has the best processor for this chip. I have personnaly seen the Runco 710 and it looked beautiful. But I do not look for sharpness as you seem to be interested in. I look for natural rich colors and a stable smooth picture with great contrast. This Runco sure fit the bill for me.

Other contenders in the 10k price range are Yamaha, Marantz and Sharp. I do not recall their model numbers.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
IF7200 should be counted as in(on the lower end fyi)...1000 rebate right now too:) unlimited price is scary...I'll settle for something decent..as tech changes to rapidly for me to drop a bundle.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter

You'll need a ND filter, but this is probably the best in terms of sharpness of focus, regardless of price.

Barco D-Cine Premiere DP100:

3-Chip watercooled TI m25 DLP
2048x1080 native resolution
18,000 lumens max (with 7000k xenon arc lamps, though lamps down to 2000k available)
1700:1 minimum contrast
45-bit colors (15 bits per color, 35 trillion color shades)
332 lbs

Barco D-Cine Premiere DP100

Approximate cost is around half a million US dollars and up I believe, though it does vary with what options you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread