Best Diy Speaker Software <150

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chung_sotheby, Apr 11, 2002.

1. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Hi, I am a first time DIY'er, although I have built speakers from kits and such. I have had some trouble figuring basic things such as power handling, sensitivity and crossover design for my proposed speaker project from the DIY books I have already purchased. Is there any software package that can calculate these things effectively other than something like LEAP, which costs over $400? Also, do I have to import actual driver data to all software or is there a place where I can download or load driver data. Thanks.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The standard LspCAD package with JustMLS is only $129 plus shipping. Contact Phil at [email protected] if you are interested, he can give you more details.

3. NikhilC

NikhilC Auditioning

Speaker Workshop is a pretty good speaker design tool, and free. It'll do T/S measurements, acoustic measurements, crossover design, etc. If you don't have the drivers in hand you can use SPLTracer to create frequency response and impedance data and import them into SW. Priced right and definitely worth a look into.
    HTH,
    Nikhil

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

A second vote for LspCAD. It includes JustMLS if you want to do some basic measurements

5. Kerry Hackney

Kerry Hackney Stunt Coordinator

Here's another good suite of tools from Dr. Murphy.
    Winspeakerz
    He also authored some new RTA software that looks pretty good.