best dish for HD in Canada

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I know this has come up before but with things constantly chaning, and my birthday coming up, I'm curious which dish offers the best HD programming. Movies are the most important, followed by HBO programs and them regular network stuff, which I will rarely watch. Is there a list of what shows are broadcast in HD? I really just want Gilmore Girls and Ed. Maybe L&O.

And all I want is HD. Are the HD channels in the bottom package on the dishes?

jeremy

2. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

Jeremy:

Responses in this forum may be very limited since recieving DTV in Canada is......."kinda illegal", I think. I could be wrong though.

I know that technically, that may have nothing to do with your question but in my experience, the HTF is very sensitive about these things.

3. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

Your legal choices in Canada are Star Choice and Expressvu. Here is a Canadian forum which may help you out.
    Chris

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Its illegal if you recieve signals from like DirecTV HDTV... For canada its perfectly fine to recieve HD from ExpressVu and StarChoice.

I have ExpressVu (not HD), and its been working great. There are three HD channels that ExpressVu has, they uusally run PPV movies on it, no HBO i dont recall. They also had olympic hockey from awhile ago.

5. BobV

BobV Second Unit