Best Deals on STTNG Season 2 B&M or Online ~

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Friedrich, May 2, 2002.

1. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

I didn't see any outstanding deals on season 2 so this time I ordered the set from DDD for $98 shipped. I could have saved a couple of bucks from a Canadian site but nowhere as much of a difference like the Cdnow deal on season 1.
    Does anyoe know of a below $90 shipped, or B&M deal ?
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm with Mike. I'm waiting for a good deal on Season 2. As with every other time I post I want to take the opportunity to say how disgusted I am with the way retailers abused the no MAP/no MSRP thing from Paramount.

If anyone has seen any deals on TNG S2, I'd love to know.

3. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
  4. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
    I just checked Outpost.com price on Season 1 just to compare, and it is $104.99, so one might assume the $79.99 pre-order price could go up after release date.

5. Mike Friedrich

I submitted a price match to DDD since my order shipped on 5/1, yeah, thanx again David !
    I also notified them to add my zip+"4" on my ship to address, reason being that when you ship by USPS standard or media mail it can speed delivery time by up to two days, muy importante !
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

7. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
  8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

$89.99 at Costco, per info posted at the Weekly Roundup by a couple of folks!

9. Mike Friedrich

DDD matched the outpost price today, though they gave me a $85 match ? I'm not complaining though still a fairly good deal.
    Thanks for the quick update David.
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I think DDD must have had a meeting yesterday on whether to price match the TNG set, or someone had been drafting an email. I'm aware of three people getting the match within 5 minutes of one another after waiting 2 days.

$85.30 is the shipped price at Outpost. DDD always matches the SHIPPED price since they don't charge shipping. Their guarantee is to have the lowest total price on any given DVD. Hopefully Outpost keeps this up for 19 more sets.

11. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

I ordered season 2 from Outpost on Mon, chose the cheapest shipping option (wasn't in a hurry since I'm not even halfway thru watching season 1), & was shocked that it arrived today (Wed). So if their prices hold, I'll stick with them for the other seasons. They're at least $20 cheaper than anyone else. [​IMG]

12. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
    Well, Chris, you've got me beat. I price matched Monday & don't have a ship confirmation from DDD yet. What kind of packaging did Outpost use? Sturdy? Arrive in good condition?

13. Mike Friedrich

I recieved my order yesterday[5/8] from DDD, it was well packed. Doug, sorry to hear that, that seems unusual for DDD, you might want to call them to find out what is causing the delay ?
    They shipped my order even before the pricematch came through.
    bodymov'n [​IMG]

14. Miles_P

Miles_P Auditioning

Strawberries in MA has TNG for 104.99

15. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
    DDD packaging is always excellent - sturdy cardboard and packed tight - no shifting in transit. I'm curious about the shipping quality & service from Outpost, since after all they are providing this low price.
    Dave - Costco in Honolulu had Season 1 at the 89.99 price, but Season 2 was $ninety-something (didn't get the exact price, but about 7-9 dollars higher).
    Correction: I price-matched with DDD on Tuesday, not Monday. Still no email confirmation but I placed this order by phone -- the last time I ordered by phone, DDD shipped without confirmation but it arrived in timely fashion (delivery to Hawaii always adds a couple days). Their customer service is excellent so I'm not nervous. Online orders always get email confirmation on shipping. I assume this order is in the mail but I'll give a call tomorrow.

16. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

> What kind of packaging did Outpost use? Sturdy? Arrive in good condition?

Cardboard box with air-packed bag as padding. The set is in the same condition as if I'd got it at a store.