What's new

Best Deals on STTNG Season 2 B&M or Online ~ (1 Viewer)

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see any outstanding deals on season 2 so this time I ordered the set from DDD for $98 shipped. I could have saved a couple of bucks from a Canadian site but nowhere as much of a difference like the Cdnow deal on season 1.
Does anyoe know of a below $90 shipped, or B&M deal ?
bodymov'n :cool:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Mike. I'm waiting for a good deal on Season 2. As with every other time I post I want to take the opportunity to say how disgusted I am with the way retailers abused the no MAP/no MSRP thing from Paramount.

If anyone has seen any deals on TNG S2, I'd love to know.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I just checked Outpost.com price on Season 1 just to compare, and it is $104.99, so one might assume the $79.99 pre-order price could go up after release date.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
I submitted a price match to DDD since my order shipped on 5/1, yeah, thanx again David !
I also notified them to add my zip+"4" on my ship to address, reason being that when you ship by USPS standard or media mail it can speed delivery time by up to two days, muy importante !

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I just checked Outpost.com price on Season 1 just to compare, and it is $104.99, so one might assume the $79.99 pre-order price could go up after release date.
Doug,

I think you likely have cached information for Outpost.com. I checked this Sunday Morning, and this morning. The price is $79.99.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I had never viewed that page before so it wasn't cached. I checked again today:
Link Removed but fortunately, Link Removed. Hopefully season 2 price will hold awhile.
Personally, I'm awaiting DDD reply on price match. How is service / delivery at Outpost? Never bought from them.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
DDD matched the outpost price today, though they gave me a $85 match ? I'm not complaining though still a fairly good deal.
Thanks for the quick update David.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think DDD must have had a meeting yesterday on whether to price match the TNG set, or someone had been drafting an email. I'm aware of three people getting the match within 5 minutes of one another after waiting 2 days.

$85.30 is the shipped price at Outpost. DDD always matches the SHIPPED price since they don't charge shipping. Their guarantee is to have the lowest total price on any given DVD. Hopefully Outpost keeps this up for 19 more sets.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
I ordered season 2 from Outpost on Mon, chose the cheapest shipping option (wasn't in a hurry since I'm not even halfway thru watching season 1), & was shocked that it arrived today (Wed). So if their prices hold, I'll stick with them for the other seasons. They're at least $20 cheaper than anyone else. :emoji_thumbsup:

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Well, Chris, you've got me beat. I price matched Monday & don't have a ship confirmation from DDD yet. What kind of packaging did Outpost use? Sturdy? Arrive in good condition?

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
I recieved my order yesterday[5/8] from DDD, it was well packed. Doug, sorry to hear that, that seems unusual for DDD, you might want to call them to find out what is causing the delay ?
They shipped my order even before the pricematch came through.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
DDD packaging is always excellent - sturdy cardboard and packed tight - no shifting in transit. I'm curious about the shipping quality & service from Outpost, since after all they are providing this low price.
Dave - Costco in Honolulu had Season 1 at the 89.99 price, but Season 2 was $ninety-something (didn't get the exact price, but about 7-9 dollars higher).
Correction: I price-matched with DDD on Tuesday, not Monday. Still no email confirmation but I placed this order by phone -- the last time I ordered by phone, DDD shipped without confirmation but it arrived in timely fashion (delivery to Hawaii always adds a couple days). Their customer service is excellent so I'm not nervous. Online orders always get email confirmation on shipping. I assume this order is in the mail but I'll give a call tomorrow.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> What kind of packaging did Outpost use? Sturdy? Arrive in good condition?

Cardboard box with air-packed bag as padding. The set is in the same condition as if I'd got it at a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks