Best Deal On PlayStation 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Poirrier, May 31, 2002.

1. Jason Poirrier

Inspired by the XBOX thread of a similar nature, I thought I'd see if anyone here knew of any decent deals this week on the PlayStation 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Most everywhere is selling it at the $199 price. Last weekend, I took advantage of the trade-in program that Electronics Boutique is running. I traded in my PS1 and a few games towards the cost of a PS2. Brought the PS2 down to about $150, since I didn't trade in the 10 games required to bring the price down to $100.

3. Justin1

Justin1 Stunt Coordinator

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Buyrite have a TERRIBLE reputation amongst the gaming 'hardcore'. Do a search for them on Usenet or on Google.

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I just bought a Gamecube from Ebgames.com , free 2-day shipping and no taxes. I was going to buy it from Buyrite since the price is $20 lower, but when shipping was added it came out to be more expensive than at Ebgames.

~T

6. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Don't forget that most large stores (Sears and Target for sure) will give you 10% anything you buy when you open up a credit card. Get what you want, pay it off when its due, and then close the account.