What's new

Directors Best Contemporary Actress Tournament (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Guess there's not enough Liv for lots of people. I'll go with Liv Ullmann as well.

Liv Ullmann wins!

A surprising, but deserving winner.

Thanks for playing!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, thanks Steve. It ended up being far less predictable than I expected.

I wonder if some participants might reveal who they suspect would be the winner. I don't mean who you wanted to win, but who you might have expected back when the tourney started. My best guess probably would have been Cate Blanchett.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
After watching her roll around in baked beans and chocolate, I sure wish I'd nominated Anne-Margaret

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I would not have been surprised to see someone like Isabelle Huppert or Frances McDormand win.

I just nominated Emily Watson on a whim and certainly didn't expect her in the finals.

I do think it is very much the luck of the match-up draw that eliminated some people early, though. . .

Thanks, Steve! :)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Did anyone else notice that the eventual winner at one point only advanced 2-1 over Gena Rowlands?

I'm betting those voters who abstained because they loved both actresses too much are feeling conflicted right now... it looks to me like the final winner was chosen at this junction in the semi-finals.

Of course, I think the whole thing disintegrated when Sarah Polley won over Natalie Portman in Florida...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks