What's new

best contact cleaner you've used? (1 Viewer)

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
I favor Deoxit... R5 Power Booster ... and ProGold G100L concetrate. All Caig Labs products.

Have never used Kontak.

I treat all my connections with either a combo of above or just ProGold.

Why ? :?) Beats Brasso ....... and an inspection of cloth after a dirty contact convinced me.

BOK

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
just curious lee, and not intended as anything other than curiousity, but after you've cleaned your contacts, and assuming they're composed of a relatively inert material such as gold, rhodium, etc., after you've reassembled them, why would you need to clean them weekly? I'd think, in the case of something like RCA's, a piss-poor connector to begin with, you'd be exascerbating the wearing out of the gold plating, no?

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
you'd be exascerbating the wearing out of the gold plating, no?
I'm no exascerbator!
Seriously, for whatever reason I find weekly (sometimes biweekly depending on music volume) cleaning makes a difference. I hear it very well.
Cardas connections are so good that wearing out them is all but impossible. And the Caig, my main cleaner, does not have any effect on the molecular levels of rhodium as I have been told.
:)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well Lee, I've got pictures that prove otherwise! rhodium is a good metal, inert and not soft like gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks