What's new

Best connection: PS3 to Mits 65" CRT RPTV (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone - I am an inch away from being sold on a PS3, which would be used primarily as a Blu-Ray player with some gaming as well. I have a Mits WS-65315. It's a 2004 model with an HDCP-compliant DVI input, 1080i native resolution.

Any CRT RPTV owners with any advice on what type of connection, HDMI vs. Component, will give the best results? Is DVD upscaling over HDMI an improvement on a CRT monitor? If you have any experience, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
A lot of players (HD DVD and Blu-ray) seem to be having issues with DVI-HDMI...particularly in regards to color space and black/white clipping.

I'd try it with DVI-HDMI and use a calibration pattern (such as on the Sony BD discs) and see what happens.

My Sony CRT RPTV has HDMI. I've tried component and HDMI with my PS3. I'm using HDMI because component video still clips black and white despite the latest firmware update. I'm also using the PS3 to upscale SD DVDs now.

Thanks. Given that, I think I'll get both types of cable and see which works better.

One follow-up -- are the basic Sony PS3 component cables adequate or are there alternatives out there that I should consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bolorkay
Recent bookmarks