What's new

Best Configuration for the RP91? (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,
I just got my RP91K, c/o Crazy Eddie tonight via UPS. It is awesome. My television, an HDTV ready Toshiba 36" Cinema Series, CN36X81, worked quite well with the progressive scan component input. However, I still have to take some time and read the instructions about this player. It seems to have many features, but not such an intuitive menu structure.
Any suggestions on what configurations you guys have found works best with this unit? (i.e. Cinema Mode, U1/2/3/4?, darker/lighter, sharpness turned off, edge detail?). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Gareth

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Hi Gareth,
Welcome to the HTF.
I emailed you some info that may be of help.
------------------
Regards
Colin "Dangerous" Davidson

J

John Morris

Colin: Please send me that email too! Thanks.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Colin..you may as well post the email as we're all dying to see what you wrote!
Gareth..i've got the same tv & will be hooking up the Panny today.
------------------
HT Pic's

Todd K

Second Unit
Gareth,
I see you ordered via Crazy Eddie. How would you say your transaction went? He's definitely got the lowest prices I've seen, but I'm a little skeptical about these online discounters. I'd be interested to know if you had any thoughts on the matter. (or if anyone else had thoughts.)
Cheers,
Todd

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Crazy Eddie is pretty reputable. Ask to speak to a guy named Howard if you feel the deal is shady. He's really trustworthy. I bought my Pioneer DVD-F07 from them as well as the RP91 and had no troubles. The package came double boxed and on time. The only thing is they do charge more for shipping and handling so factor that in when you price it out.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Personally, on my RP-91 (and any DVD player I've had in the past), I turn off ANY extraneous picture-related controls.
I set my RP-91 to a Standard TV. All Sharpness/Edge Enhancement etc. was turned off. The only thing I did turn on was the enhanced black feature.
I never use any noise reduction circuits either. I don't control things like Contrast/Brightness/Colour etc. through my DVD player. The only reason you would is if your TV does not have different picture control memories for different inputs.
Sharpness/Edge enhancement only serve to add unwanted artifacts to a nice image. Noise reduction is hardly ever needed - most DVDs these days don't need it.
I prefer my images au naturale, in this respect.
----
Jeff
------------------
"They're coming to get you Barbara..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks