What's new

best component subwoofer?? (1 Viewer)

Tommy_R

Auditioning
i'm thinking of designing a sub after seeing some real sweet ones here
what do you think is the best subwoofer there is, component that is
has anyone put auto subs inside a box to make one good home sub? i've seen pictures of the new JL Audio W7 sub and i'm quite impressed, pretty impressed by its specs as well
jlw7-1.jpg

and
jlw7-2.jpg

only thing is i have no clue how to mount it but it sure would look good after it is mounted
how bought rockford fosgate subwoofers?
fosgate-punch.jpg

------------------

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Since your title doesn't key in on the fact that you want to "build your own" and since we've had several threads quite recently asking what is the "best sub" a lot of folks probably just skipped over what looked like another "poll" of opinions about the best "ready made" sub... and even if they recognize what you are really asking about, folks in this section tend to concentrate on "store bought" components.
Ask an Admin (via e-mail -- they may not see it here) to move your thread to the DIY (do-it-yourself) section, and I'll bet you will get a LOT of helpful responses.
Good luck -
Burke
------------------

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Tommy -- While it is helpful to see a picture of what we are talking about, the recommended method is to briefly describe the picture in words in the post and provide a URL link to the picture so the reader can then open the picture in another window if desired, rather than actually insert the picture (force its display with the IMG command) in the post, which as noted by the other poster, can really slow down loading the thread -- especially when there are a lot of big pictures.
Burke
------------------

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Tommy,I didn't mean to come off that way,I'll take all the pics you can throw my way :). I'll throw one in once in a while if I need to. Then again,my cable modem averages 2000 kbps. I just remember what a joy it was to dial-up...
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks