What's new

Best cleaning disc for BRD/DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
There are various cleaning discs available from various vendors. I've tried the Memorex "Lens Cleaner" disc on my decade old Philips 963SA, and a couple of passes brought the player back into the reliable side. Previously it had begun skipping on many SACD discs.

It I can see such an improvement with a $4 from WalMart disc, are there better ones out there with outstanding cleaning abilities?

Or are they all just about the same?

Before trying the disc I'd taken the cover off this drive and blown it out with compressed air from my compressor, so there's not a lot of excess dirt inside anymore.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've found a few items of info around the web.

The Maxell BR-LC originally had two carefully shaped holes punched in it that created a "wind funnel" that blew dust off the lens. Later versions went to the common plastic brush configuration although Maxell also labeled those as a model BR-LC.

Someone called up Oppo service and asked what they recommend. The answer was they are about all the same and they recommend the Memorex since it's the cheapest.

Great. That's what I already own.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Innovations-4190300-CleanDr-Blu-Ray/dp/B00419ZT3E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433342598&sr=8-1&keywords=cleandr

51lfe1%2BPcWL.jpg

Alexuesne

Auditioning
Real Name
joel dutoit
i like this one Lens Cleaner Spray .Assures Longer Lens Life. FREE Microfibre Cleaning Cloth Included.

kathy13xia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kathy Xia
Lots of such items can be found an Amazon.com and I notice Maxell BR-LC Blu-ray lens Cleaner is highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks