What's new

best cheap subwoofer... (1 Viewer)

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs
What's the best cheap subwoofer? It has to have BOOMY Bass. i listen to a lot of dance and rap music.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

stangjason

Agent
Real Name
Jason
If you want boomy I've been told their is a Dayton for abour $130-$150 that's good. I've been looking at the Velodyne VX-10c for $164 shipped that's supposed to be good but more for Sound Quality but I'm still researching the SQ aspect.

nauc

Auditioning
Real Name
Bjork
what size, budget, do you have an amp (how much power does it put out), do you want one that has a amp built in.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Funny, "Boomy" is typically considered a bad subwoofer. So, maybe you should be asking for the boomiest sub, not the best.

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

I Do have a vintage reciver that puts out 10 WPC so I'd want one with a built in amp.. my budget isnt very large

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Daytons aren't considered boomy by most, though they aren't going to be top of the food chain subs either. I'd probably move up to the Sub-100, which is $124 but a 10" and larger amp.

bradhart

Agent
Real Name
Brad Hart
I was thinking up your price a little and go with a JBL venue sub 10 with a 150 watt amp you can get remanufactured on ebay delivered for about $130 I have one hooked to my computer (along with 2 pair of fisher sta-381) if you want to add a little more to the price you can move up to a 12" on ebay too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks