What's new

Best center channel for around $200? (1 Viewer)

Casie

Auditioning
My father wants a center channel, but he doesn't want to change his mains. (They're just Technics T200.) I know he should at least change all the front speakers to one brand, but he doesn't want to.

Anyways, I want to purchase a good center for his X-mas present. Any suggestions? Thank you!

-Casie

Casie

Auditioning
Hi John -
Thank you for a speedy response! I really appreciate it! I was considering the VP100, as I own a VP150, and love it. (Thank you for helping to confirm that Axiom is a good brand.) :) The only thing is that I bought my Axiom from Audioshop in Canada, and Marc may not have them in stock anymore. (Although I just e-mailed him to confirm.) Know of any reasonably priced etailers?

I would like to take a look at the Paradigm's, but according to their site, they don't have any dealers in Hawaii and they don't have mail-order dealers. :frowning:

Anyways, thank you very much for your suggestion....definitely a consideration!

I'd love to more recommendations!

-Casie

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I didn't check to see if there were any Paradigm dealers over there :b

Yes, Axiom is good stuff :) You should be able to get the VP100 directly from Axiom. Not sure if shipping will be free to Hawaii or not.

The Mordaunt Short 905C is on sale for $199 from AC4L. Great speaker and I like AC4L.

J&R have the JBL S-center II for $149, and the Northridge EC25 for $199, both listed as free shipping.

Casie

Auditioning
Thanks, everyone, for all of your replies! I will take a look at all of the models suggested!

Audioshop said that they no longer carry Axiom, but Dahlquist. Anyone heard anything good about them? If I do consider one, it would be QX50C.

Thank you!

-Casie

sheldon M.

Stunt Coordinator
Wharfedale Diamond center. The Wharfedale is very neutral and pure. I think it's $149 got mine for $119 what a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks