Best CD Changer for $300 or less shipped.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SamN, Sep 4, 2002.

1. SamN

SamN Agent

Hi, I currently have a Sony DVP-CX860, which is a 300 DVD/CD changer. I am looking to sell it and get a stand-alone CD changer. I am looking at getting the Sony CDP-CX455 possibly. Anyone know if that changer would be better, same or worse than my current one for audio? It doesn't mention 24/94 decoding like my current changer does. I'm not sure about this, but if I use the optical out into my receiver then does that even matter? Anyone know of any other I should consider at the price. From authorized, eBay, or wherever.

Thanks,

Sam

2. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

Not many people seem to be into cd changers right now. I am looking for the same "price point" cd changers as you. I have a thread going at the right now doing some comparisons of some an Onkyo model and a Denon model.
    Here is the link.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=93107
    Maybe we can get a discussion going.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Sam, I can't say how the 'CX455 and 'CX860 compare. Many times, straight CD players are better than comparably priced DVD players, but the 'CX860 is more expensive than the 'CX455. Still, both components are from Sony's entry-level line, so I wouldn't expect a huge difference one way or the other.

You said in regards to the 'CX455: