What's new

best cd burning software (1 Viewer)

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
What are some opinions of the best cd burning software? I've been using WMP's simple software, but I'd like to remove the 2 sec gap between tracks and do some crossfading.
I see Nero 6 is popular, but sure is pricey! What are your favorites!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Nero probably, but the user interface and general program ergonomics are as crap as they've ever been.

It does the job - and does it well, but I find it tiresome to use.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
A new app which seems to get a lot good feedback is RecordNow Max. I've not used it, but it's always getting mentioned over on the dvdrhelp.com forums as being particularly good for creating DVDs.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
although i use nero, i have used roxio easy cd creator 6, as far as i can tell, nero cant write to a disc in UDF format. i think both programs are pretty good.

CJ

Chris

Senior HTF Member
nero cant write to a disc in UDF format
Absolutely it can ;)

Nero 6 is a freak of nature. I've enjoyed Nero for a long time, But Nero6, available online for download for like $69, is maybe one of the best deals on the market. This tool has almost everything imaginable and accomplishes it well.

I know others have berated their "file/browser" method but I find it so much more effective and easy to navigate then anything Roxio uses.. and their drive support is ungodly in comparison to Roxio.. Nero also updates their program frequently (they've already got updates out their for Nero6 that came out Sunday..)

There are very few companies out there as committed to customer support and quickly answer email and handle problems as adept as Nero.

I can't speak more highly of any program I own then Nero... in Comparison to Roxio6: it takes less memory, runs quicker, burns faster, and offers better tools.

How much of a contest is that?

Cary_H

Second Unit
I used to spend a lot of time on several burning forums out there.
The two music ripping programs of choice for a long time were Exact Audio Copy and Feurio. I recall there's a new app of choice since I paid any real attention.
I have used EAC for years now, both ripping and burning.
It looks a little daunting to setup at first, but there are tutorials to get you through it.
I have Nero, WinOnCD, and Feurio, among others. EAC is all I use music-wise.

Go here to check it out.

www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Chris

Senior HTF Member
MusicMatch.. however, I'll agree with you.. for Music, there is nothing like EAC & Lame. LAME is, hands down, the most pure of the MP3 encoding tools with the best results of any I have listened to.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
I usually use Nero for data, started using Feurio for audio, used to use CDRWin for that, and EAC or PlexTools (my drive is a Plextor) for extraction.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I have a quick question that I hope someone won't mind helping me with. I am new to everything -- have a new ThinkPad and on the day after Thanksgiving due to a Fry's sale and rebate was able to buy Nero Ultra Edition for $ 15.99
Here is my question about Roxio. I try as much as possible to research a product thoroughly through magazine and message-board reviews and opinions.
I had read great reviews in PC Magazine and PC World about Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 7 and thought I was making a great blind buy when I was able to buy it for $ 19.99 (the box is still unopened).
Then I read the message-boards.....
At cdrinfo.com cdrlabs.com cdfreaks.com videohelp.com/forum, and this site the opinion about the stability of the product, about the potential for system conflicts, and about the DVD components of Roxio seem to be universally negative.
As I mentioned, because I am new to everything (and also have Nero but haven't had any time to learn/try any of it) I don't know enough to be able to get a handle on whether Roxio would be worth keeping for the CD components of the software.
I tried my best to do a search through the different message-boards that I named, and on at least this board there are a small number of people who had positive things to say about Roxio's CD components (such as here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=Roxio )

Thank you for any help you can offer

CRyan

Screenwriter
Nero for CD's which is what you are asking. However, it's DVD side SUCKS!

Stay away from Nero for personal video DVD recording.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Hi CRyan

Thank you for your help. Quick follow-up question. I'm brand-new to Nero (this is "Nero Ultra Edition" that I bought back at the November from Fry's), and the box lists something like 15 different software components. Are there just certain DVD-related components that have given you problems, or do you mean that you are disappointed with all the different DVD components (editing, authoring, burning, DVD playing, and whatever else it else that the other 15 pieces of software do) ?
One more quick question. Were you disappointed with the DVD aspects because of bugs with a particular version ? I had read in the past different opinions on, say, 6.3. vs 6.6.0.x .
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks