What's new

Best Canadian Made Sub? (1 Viewer)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Specifically, in and around the < CDN$1500 range. So, is the Paradigm Studio Servo-15 still the king of the hill? Or has that changed these days?

Thanks,
Martin.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Specifically, in and around the < CDN$1500 range. So, is the Paradigm Studio Servo-15 still the king of the hill? Or has that changed these days?

Thanks,
Martin.

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
if you aren't interested in a DIY or a kit, and insist that the sub be canadian made, then the paradigm is going to be hard to beat. You can beat it @ the price by DIYing, and possibly with the larger HSU which is now available in Canada from Canadian dealers.

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
if you aren't interested in a DIY or a kit, and insist that the sub be canadian made, then the paradigm is going to be hard to beat. You can beat it @ the price by DIYing, and possibly with the larger HSU which is now available in Canada from Canadian dealers.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I should clarify: I'm not insistent on it being Canadian made, but my experience has been that prices for foreign made equipment is generally inflated here, while Canadian brands like Paradigm and PSB offer great value north of the border. And they should, given the all the tax payer money which once funded their R&D...

I might be interested in DIY. My woodworking skills are currently non-existent, but it's possible that could change... But what of these kits? Any pointers at a good starting place?

Thanks,
Martin.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I should clarify: I'm not insistent on it being Canadian made, but my experience has been that prices for foreign made equipment is generally inflated here, while Canadian brands like Paradigm and PSB offer great value north of the border. And they should, given the all the tax payer money which once funded their R&D...

I might be interested in DIY. My woodworking skills are currently non-existent, but it's possible that could change... But what of these kits? Any pointers at a good starting place?

Thanks,
Martin.

Marc H

Second Unit
Energy will soon be releasing some super subs now that they won the Sunfire lawsuit. Should be out by fall.

Marc H

Second Unit
Energy will soon be releasing some super subs now that they won the Sunfire lawsuit. Should be out by fall.

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, those are indeed the best Canadian DIY suppliers. The thing is, I don't think there are many 'premade' kits that can compete with a Servo 15. Most at those sites are aimed at the mid-budget sub market. You may need to get a custom solution using say, two tempests vented, a vented tumult, or a vented maelstrom to beat the performance of the Servo 15, and I'm sure either Al (RAW) or Bob (CSS) would be happy to advise on such a project.

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
Martin, those are indeed the best Canadian DIY suppliers. The thing is, I don't think there are many 'premade' kits that can compete with a Servo 15. Most at those sites are aimed at the mid-budget sub market. You may need to get a custom solution using say, two tempests vented, a vented tumult, or a vented maelstrom to beat the performance of the Servo 15, and I'm sure either Al (RAW) or Bob (CSS) would be happy to advise on such a project.

Tim O...

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure how much the Paradigm goes for, but even with the US-Cdn exchange rate, I think a lot of the SVS's offer tremendous performance:price ratio. I bought a PB2-isd for $1267 Cdn. shipped, before tax. After GST/PST, it was still under $1500. I think you'd be hard pressed to find the same performance for that price.

Tim O...

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure how much the Paradigm goes for, but even with the US-Cdn exchange rate, I think a lot of the SVS's offer tremendous performance:price ratio. I bought a PB2-isd for $1267 Cdn. shipped, before tax. After GST/PST, it was still under $1500. I think you'd be hard pressed to find the same performance for that price.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
A single bass reflex Tempest won't have trouble keeping up with a Servo15. Depending on the allignment a Tumult or dual Tempest setup will go from just plain beating it to a different league.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
A single bass reflex Tempest won't have trouble keeping up with a Servo15. Depending on the allignment a Tumult or dual Tempest setup will go from just plain beating it to a different league.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks