What's new

best cables for InFocus X1 ? ? (1 Viewer)

Bret Pritchett

Stunt Coordinator
I will be getting an X1 soon, and before I do, I thought I would go ahead get all the cable run. I will be using RGB component and S-Video output from my receiver and will need the cables to be at least 30' long.

Any recommendations?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Bret, congratulations on the purchase. First, I apologize if you know this but the X1 can't have a component cable and an s-video cable connected at the same time because the component connection is actually an adapter that you plug into the s-video connection. If you are looking for 1080i or 480p the X1 uses a breakout cable with a computer monitor plug on the X1 end and RGB on the source end. If you just want to run a standard 480i component cable you will have to get rid of your s-video plug on the X1. Sorry if that was ultra confusing.

That said, I used pccables.com for my breakout. They have great prices and I think my picture is stunning. I used bluejeancables.com for my s-video cable and I have been very pleased with it, even though it was almost double the price of my component/breakout. My friend who has the X1 also used pccables.com for his breakout and s-video and it still looks great but he was not a fan of how small (width) the s-video cable was, but since it cost like 8 bucks for 50ft. he can't really complain.

Enjoy your new projector.

Bret Pritchett

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Jed
i got a few more questions
What is exactly is a "break out" cable (and why is it called that)?
Wouldn't it be better to use the computer monitor plug for component than the S-Video?
I found something called "HDTV 5-RCA/BNC TRIPLE SHEILDED BREAKOUT CABLE 35FT." on pccables.com Is that what I would need? If so, why are there 5 RCA connectors on the end?...shouldn't it be 3?

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Jed that isn't true. The X1 can take component via the VGA or SVideo.

Bret there are a couple options. I picked my cables up at bluejeanscable.com. The do really nice custom cables.

You have a few options. You can go component to component using the VGA or Svideo adapter (VGA is better) or you can go with a component to 15 pin (VGA).

If you have more than one progressive or HD device being hooked up you will want a switch. There are a number of good ones out there but I others will be able to give better advice on this than I can.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I found something called "HDTV 5-RCA/BNC TRIPLE SHEILDED BREAKOUT CABLE 35FT." on pccables.com Is that what I would need? If so, why are there 5 RCA connectors on the end?...shouldn't it be 3?
Yes that is it, and its the same one I have. Don't worry about the white and yellow connectors, just leave them unplugged and use the RGB like you normally would.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Dean

What Firmware version are you running? I don't have X-Box but I thought they fixed this in one of the later upgrades.

Bret Pritchett

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the feedback
now i got another question...
If I run the component and S-Video cables along side my speaker wire running to the surround speakers, will there be any intereference?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I don't think there would be any as I know only power cables produce interference. Someone will sure chime in on this if I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks