What's new

Best Buy's New Rewards Program...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Was it in October or is it this month that they're giving double points on Sundays and Mondays? Anyone remember?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

October. But you can get 10,000 bonus points if you make a certain amount of purchases on Saturday, November 29, prior to 10am (I think).

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I joined the BB Reward program back in early August. I purchased a computer and figured this would be a great deal but I still havn't received the certificates. I am supposed to get about 23 certificates for a total of $115.

I keep calling the 800 # and everytime I call they tell me a different date that I should receive them. I called in mid October and they said I would have them by the end of October. I called 2 weeks ago and they told me that I would have them by the end of last week. It didn't happen.

So I called today and they told me that back in August they were having trouble with their computer system. He then told me that they were mailed out between the last week in October and November 7th. He said that if I don't get them in the next couple of days to call back and they will have to re-issue them. I wonder how many months that will take?!!

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
When I logged onto to the rewards program it gave me the following message. It sounds like they have had a lot of complaints about how long it takes to receive gift certificates. It has been 3 & 1/2 months that I have been waiting and still no certificates.

Certificate Status News

The Reward Zone Team would like to extend a sincere thank you to all of you for making this program such an overwhelming success. Our Reward Zone Membership has been growing steadily and substantially since we launched in July. We're pleased that our Members have been so active in the program and we're working hard to bring you new, exciting offers and opportunities. Unfortunately, we've run into a backlog in our certificate fulfillment process due to the tremendous volume of Reward Zone Members qualifying for certificates.

We appreciate your business and ask for your patience as we make changes to our certificate redemption process that will eliminate delays in the future. Don't worry about your certificates expiring as we work through our changes, as we'll give you the full 90 days to redeem your certificates from the time you receive them. In response to your feedback we are also changing our website to reflect the date your certificates are "earned" versus the previous messaging that indicated certificates were "issued". Again, thank you for your tremendous support and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Your Reward Zone Team

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
A word of warning……..
When you’re using MULTIPLE bonus coupons on one order be sure to check your receipt.

I used EIGHT of them last week on a bunch of titles worth about 100-bucks.
I specifically watched the clerk scan every one and the register responded with a “beep”.
Walking out of the store I was thinking that the total seemed a bit high.

When I got to my car I checked the receipt and saw that it only credited me for SIX instead of EIGHT.
I went back in and explained to customer service.
They went to the register and pulled my coupons and attempted to adjust the total.
The girl couldn’t get it to register two of the coupons even after multiple scans.
She gave up and just adjusted the price of one of the items for 10-dollars lower.

Check those receipts !!!!

Shawn S

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Was it in October or is it this month that they're giving double points on Sundays and Mondays? Anyone remember?
I have a friend who works at BB who told me those days were in October. Not sure when they have them planned again, but I should definitely buy on those days (I usually can't resist buying right on Tuesday though).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You would get double points, but the release week sale price would have ended on Saturday so you're still better off to buy on Tuesday anyway.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just got 6 coupons today. :D :D :D

Sorry if this had been asked before but a quick re-read of the thread doesn't ask this...

Can I use more than 1 coupon for a single purchse. Would like to save the $30 in coupons for the Alien Quadrilogy set on 12/02/2003.

Thanks,

Joe

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I finally received my 22 certificates on Friday (after 3 & 1/2 months of waiting). I used all of them at once on DVDs and SACDs. After I left the store I noticed that it only credited me for 19 so I went back in to get the $15 credit.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just got $10 worth yesterday.

I think I'm still about $25 behind, but they seem to be catching up.

Glen

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've been receiving them with some regularity now. I think they must have had some road bumps starting the program up.

I also got a little flyer for a free CD on Friday, and a "Dream Book" with coupons in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks