What's new

Best Buy's New Rewards Program...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
call the 800# on the back of the card - they'll be able to get your password for you.

Dave*B

Auditioning
Dom P. - I waited 30-45 minutes until they picked up. It was also a good thing I called because I forgot to use my card for my washer, dryer, & fridge purchases. So, if anybody has made any purchases without using their card, make sure you call them (don't forget to have your receipt).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I've started getting the certs pretty frequently now--just the other day $15 more, which came in handy with Alien Quad--so it seems the bugs are starting to be ironed out.

The fine print on the back says "No cash refunds" so they're within the terms of the deal in not letting you get money back.

Jarvis_R

Agent
Got $15 (a $5 and a $10) in the mail last week.
I just joined in October and I already got two certs. So I guess they are getting a little better.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I used 7 $5 certificates on Alien Quadrilogy on Tuesday. Be careful when using a bunch of certificates. It seems like every other one, even though scanning was successful, was not applied to my purchase. The checker had to rescan half of them and we waited for the total to be decreased by $5 after each one.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I too used seven certs tuesday when I bought the alias season one and two, and it took over 20 min to get through the checkout! they kept screwing it up! Be very very careful that they scan all the coupons.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just got two $10 certs and a $5.

I also got (same day, wow it's like Christmas in December...oh wait...:D ) the 10% off sale for this weekend.

Question: has anyone used these certificates in conjunction with a coupon for 10% off? Has anyone had the cashier refuse to allow it?

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I finally got my first one yesterday. Of course, after spending the one I had received previously on Tuesday, I'm so soured against Best Buy right now that the idea of going back to the store isn't high on my list of things to do. I went in to buy Pirates of the Caribbean for my wife for Christmas. I took it to the register and was going to PM it against target, then use my $5 cert, and get it for 9.99. When I asked the lady to PM, she acted as though it was coming out of her paycheck. Her rudeness was astonishing. She slammed the coupon on the counter, slammed my Reward Zone card on the counter, slammed the PM log on the counter, slammed my CC on the counter--I was afraid to let her touch the DVD. She actually handled it properly, but when I asked about the free Christmas CD they were giving out to all RZ members, she yanked one out and literally threw it in the bag. What a pleasant experience.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
On my big purchase with the certs they had to do literally 30 of them or so, and it went very smootly and quickly. I guess I got one of the better cashiers. Plus the nerd that I am, I already know how much it should be after tax with all the certs applied, so I know I wouldn't have missed it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Scott, that person should have been reported to the manager. That was unacceptable customer service.

The BB near me has managers that actually care about how their employees treat their customers and that lady would have been reprimanded.

I understand not wanting to deal with her again directly, but if you're ever in there again, I'd deal with another CSR and ask to speak to a manager and tell them what happened.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
To follow up on my own previous question:

You *can* use your certificates in conjunction with a Preferred Customer coupon.

***However*** watch your totals while they ring because I found the following error (which I caught as I walked out of the store and took about 10 minutes before CS could straighten it out).

I used the 10% off 3 movies/games/music coupon. But the 10% only went off of the games, not the 1 DVD I bought. A second run-through made the 10% off go to the first two items (DVD + game) but not the 3rd (game).

So after voiding two transactions (and getting copies of the void so I'm not triple charged) the cashier had to manually make sure that 10% was deducted on ALL three items, and then scan the RZ certs. It was only a difference of $4 but hey, in this economy, $4 is $4.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
And how about this for a Holiday bonus - I just got two more $5 certs...and I am only due 1! Don't know where the other one came from (I just earned one today with 2 game purchases but these were in today's mail) but I ain't sending it back!

From unrewarding to very rewarding in a short amount of time. Oh, and I'll probably renew as long as the certs come on a somewhat regular basis. Only been on it for four months and I've already accrued $35 in certs...and I haven't bought any big ticket items yet!

Michael Bee

Auditioning
Only been on it for four months and I've already accrued $35 in certs...and I haven't bought any big ticket items yet!
Hey, me too! I actually received $5 certs last Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, which came in pretty handy on the Alien set. I think I'm only due one or two more; they've really caught up.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah they may have caught up, but sustaining it will be one of the deciding factors on if I stay on board. If they're at least consistent (i.e. 8 weeks from "earning" date you receive it) then I will be okay with that. At least I'll know when to count on receiving them. Seeing as to how I'm on pace to earn over $100 in a year, and I'm not buying anything I wouldn't normally be buying (and still pricematching everything) it really wouldn't make sense for me not to renew.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
One thing I've discovered from use is that if you're using the rewardzone coupons and a gift card, they have to process the gift card first; otherwise it won't let you use the gift card.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up, Mark! I just got two $10 gift cards for buying toner (if anyone uses Epson, if you buy two Epson toners you get a $10 gift card, and I bought for - black, cyan, magenta & yellow) which I will be using in conjunction with RZ Certs in the near future.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
One thing I've discovered from use is that if you're using the rewardzone coupons and a gift card, they have to process the gift card first; otherwise it won't let you use the gift card.
Not true.

On Friday, I used $40 in rewardZone certificates and ~$47 in gift cards toward a purchase I was making using the "Buy $150 get a $25 gift card free" coupon deal. I used the RZ certificates first (which reduces the pre-sales tax total), and then the gift cards against the final total.

And a few weeks ago, I used the two in conjunction to buy something and used the RZ cert. first and gift card second.

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I believe they have really speeded up the whole reward coupon process. I bought a TV on 11/14 and got $115 worth of Reward Zone coupons today, 12/17.

Donald

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks