What's new

Best Buy's New Rewards Program...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just got 3 $5 ones today. I'm only 1 behind now. Very good stuff for the holiday weekend. :)

Glen

Finally got my first set of certificates, and went to buy X2 today with them. I was going to use two $10 certs, but the cashier would not accept anything more than the purchase price. Instead, I had to use a $10 and a $5 cert and pay the $0.99 difference!

Is this official Best Buy policy? If so, it's yet another layer of annoyance (a minor one, to be sure, but on top of the 6-8 week wait, incomplete cert mailings, etc.) to this whole thing.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Finally got $25 worth of certificates in the mail today (which the Reward Zone site listed as issued between 9/12 and 10/15). Three $5 certificates and one $10 certificate.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Pretty standard practice as far as I know. The certificates have no cash value, so if your purchase was $15 and you handed over $20 in certs, then you'd forfeit the extra $5 since they're not going to give you cash back.

That's the whole point of the program, to get you back in the store where you'll buy more merchandise.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Is there a way to tell when the certs were issued? I have gotten a bunch and spent a bunch, I was wondering if there was a way I could tell how far along I am, I know I amapprox 30-40 dollars behind now. It seems there should be a correlation between the cert number and the number at the site..... maybe I'm just blind.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
After a LONG wait, I finally got a ton I've been waiting for. I had about $130 "issued" in September that I just got last week, but the $50 I had issued in October has also already arrived. Perfect for my DS9 season 7/Alien Quadrilogy purchase next week!

I noticed Best Buy treats these as discounts rather than payment, which is actually better since it is the pre-tax subtotal that gets decreased-less tax as well. I just wish they would have used the $10 certs in September-I literally have a stack of 30 $5 certificates! I guess check out will take a while Tuesday...

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I actually think it's still better that it doesn't go towards new Reward points and get taxed. I'd have to spend $125 to get $5 back, but I'd pay almost twice that in sales tax on the $125. Either way, this is still money I would have spent at BB anyway, so it feels like a nice windfall.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'm all caught up now on the certificates. I had only received 1, but in mid November I got 2 more and received another 2 last week while I was out of town. And today, I got 4 more in the mail, for a total of 9, which is exactly how many I was owed.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I just got my last "September" cert that I knew I was missing so I appear to be all caught up as well, and I justy spent them all!

My Best Buy receipt today:

DS9 Season 7-15.05
Alien Quadrilogy-11.29
Pirates Of The Caribbean-2.38
Young Sherlock Holmes-2.24

Total-30.96!

Not too bad...

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Scott,

It may still be coming. I got one yesterday that was issued over a month before the ones I got last week.

GregBoehme

Agent

Maybe thats what happened to me... just got one today that said it was the 4th one i've earned but i've already gotten like 5 others.. was hoping they double issued one, but guess not.

Greg

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
The way I was able to tell is that the ones issued in September have the number of certificates issued on the statement, whereas the October ones have a dollar amount in that field instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks