What's new

Best Buy's Fox Demo Disc #2 (1 Viewer)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the McCartney CD, McCartney DVD, and the Dylan CD-none Fox titles. I bought a Demo Disc for a penny, asked if I could buy more. The girl said I could buy them all. Second one rang up free--I guess because I bought the Fox disc (Demo Disc).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy in my area had a sign in front of the Fox Demo DVD with a price of 1 cent. So I bought one, and I may buy a few more if they are still there because the cases alone are worth more than a penny each to me. I highly doubt I'll use the coupons within the case though.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I just went through the DVD this morning. It's OK. Definitely worth $.01 but it's not as good as last years demo dvd.

Jeff

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
/Sarcasm on: I just LOVED the Menu demos, Fox truly does have the Best in menu quality! /Sarcasm off

Seriously, I haven't seen "From Hell" but after looking at those menus I'm not sure if I want to now! The Cleopatra portion is a perfect example of how these damn things turn playing a movie into a video game!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I picked up the demo disc for one cent yesterday as well. I purposely didn't buy anything else - just dug a penny out of my pocket and handed it to the cashier after she rung it up.
How many chances in our lifetimes are we going to have to do THAT?!?!
:D

Christopher D

Second Unit
I bought a couple of more today to use for the coupons and the cases (and by the way, *anybody* buying a DVD in there should pick one up, since there's a 10% off coupon) for the total of $0.01.

I told the cashier that that was the cheapest I expected to ever get out of there --

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I got mine with the Porky's 1&2 disc, which was on sale cheaper than the discount I'd get from the retailer I work for! I'm not using the coupons because I'm a collector so I have to keep everything that came with it (didn't use last year's either!)

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
My local Best Buy sold them for $0.01 each, so I bought five. It's hard to replace a damaged case for under a penny, so that's why I bought these. I didn't see Demo1 last year, but I didn't really think this way anything to get very excited about once I turned it on, although I am more interesting in Behind Enemy Lines now.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I just got around to playing with the new Fox demo disc and there's something which really irritates the hell out of me. I read through the DVD for Dummies section and although it explains the disadvantages of P&S, there are no screen caps to use as a comparison against OAR. There are a shitload of caps to compare anamorphic vs. non-anamorphic pictures, but zero to actually show J6P what he's missing by watching P&S. My impression is that this disc is aimed primarily at people new to DVD (J6P included), yet it would seem no one has actually gone out of their way to debunk P&S like they should.
Thoughts?

Benny G

Second Unit
Did anyone's local Best Buy run out before you could get there?? I got six of them, and as of this afternoon, my Best Buy had like 8 left.
If anybody needs one, let me know, but only if you have no Best Buy or yours ran out! Not if you were just too lazy to go there... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks