Best Buy's DS9 Sets

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dave Scarpa, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    For the next 3 sets of DS9 does anyone have a listing of what's on the bonus Disks? I have the option of getting the sets Using STL thru Amazon for about $82 Shipped. I'm debating of the extras are worth another $18 bucks. I have bought all the other sets from BB so it's tough to stop now but with the sheer number of releases coming this holiday eighteen bucks is eighteen bucks.

2. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Here you go Dave:

Season 5:

3. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Man, they got a lot of bonus Ferengi material on them there bonus DVDs, don't they? Are there some Ferengis working in the DVD department at Paramount? Or they probably have all 285 rules of acquisition posted all over the place! [​IMG]

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Ira Behr really loves the Ferengi. He and Rob Wolfe did two or three books for Pocket about the Rules Of Acquisition, even though (toward the end of DS9's run), the impression I got from reading message boards was that no-one else besides Ira (and me) we that fond of them.

5. Jari

Jari Stunt Coordinator

It seems a bit unfair to me that you R1 guys have to get those bonus discs if you want all the features. R2 Season 5 set definitely includes the sketchbook & ferengi culture featurettes.

6. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I agree, Jari, that is definitely unfair. Why is it that they're on the full Region 2 sets, yet Paramount strips them down for the U.S. and issues them to Best Buy, Suncoast and Sam Goody as bonus discs for the Region 1 sets? They owe us an explanation directly from Paramount, or at least a cost-effective incentive to get those bonus discs in time (which probably won't happen in our lifetime). Yet if they're doing the very same thing the Ferengi do, look at maximizing profit margins, you'd think they would do something...

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Ive gotten the first 4 Best Buy bonus discs and they just arent anything great.Between 11-14 minutes each.

Id take the $82 shipped and forget about the extra disc.Its certainly not worth $18. You can get a real DVD instead - especially since Oct is a busy month for releases.

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

The DS9:S4 disc is the standout of all the Best Buy discs. It's got around 35 mini-featurettes besides the regular stuff.