What's new

Best Buy's CinemaNow Launches UV Support (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I was just looking through their catalog and a lot of films now have the UV logo in their description! Here is one example. I don't have a Cinema Now account, so I don't know how well it will work, but this is one more step forward for UV!
http://www.cinemanow.com/title/476333

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I can only speak through personal experience, but the one interaction I had with CinemaNow was *abysmal* in every sense of the word. It took forever to get the movie to load, it inexplicably was playing at a lower quality than by Internet speed supports, and it buffered every ten minutes. On the PS3, if you close out of the movie for any reason it makes you start at the beginning. And of course, fast forwarding is very, very slow. And customer service was (not surprisingly) as unhelpful as possible through all of it.
I implore you, stick with Vudu.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Oh, I will. I don't plan on using Cinema Now at all, unless of course they offer a UV title I want to buy that is cheaper than vudu. But my point was that for people that do use Cinema Now, they now will have UV accounts if they didn't before, thus increasing the UV userbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks