What's new

best buy (1 Viewer)

Trey_w

Auditioning
I am looking at a Kenwood VR-7070, what speakers would you suggest for best bang for your buck. I need a front center left/right front, left/right surround, rear center, and sub.

Keith*D

Agent
Obviously "best buy" depends on your price range. Let us know what you think a reasonable price range would be. If you don't know for sure what you want to spend do a search for other threads like this and see what else is being spent.

In general I would recommend the Rocket ELT setup from www.av123.com the Definitive Tech ProCinema series if you want to be able to listen first, or for a little bit more, the M22ti, VP150, and any surrounds from www.axiomaudio.com and a sub from www.hsuresearch.com or www.svsubwoofers.com.

Keith

Trey_w

Auditioning
Well the buget is flexible thinking around $1500, less is better. Size is also important the room is somewhat large (20x20) but looking for speakers that are unabtrusive.

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
Check out http://hometheater.valuecanuck.com for specs, including measurements, for quite a few speaker systems. They are organized by price but currently the price ranges stop at $1400.

Also, you should probably check out this thread as well. It's a discussion of what is the best speaker system in the $1k to $2K range.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Are you talking buying at Best Buy? Or the best buy for your money. Confused...:frowning:

If 1), then get out of best buy, and go to some real stores and go listening.

if 2), still... go listen, it's impossible to pick a single best speaker for someone's taste. It's like picking food. We can agree generally that there's much better than mocdonalds, but no matter the restaurant/food, someone won't like it, and someone will like it very much. I think you should also take a look at Paradigm if you can, the cinema series is small, and roughly comparable to the performance series. And they sound amazing for the cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks