Best Buy South Park bonus

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Derek Miner, May 27, 2003.

1. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

In case you South Park fans haven't been over to The Digital Bits today... BestBuy.com has a bonus disc available if you pre-order South Park season 2. The disc contains the original all-cutout version of the pilot, "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe"! There are some notable differences in this version of the pilot, so die-hards (like me) should jump on this immediately!

2. ChrisChap

ChrisChap Stunt Coordinator

I could not find any mention of this offer on BestBuy.com

3. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

I thought it could be found on the regular product page, but I guess it's a special promo link:

South Park Bonus link

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

This irritates me. I paid an extra $10 for Xena at Best Buy for the exclusive. I hope it isn't as big a difference here.

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Anyone know if they'll have it in the stores too?

6. Will_B

Will_B Producer

7. JohnDMoore

JohnDMoore Stunt Coordinator

Any chance this will be in brick and mortar stores? What about the Best Buy "family of stores?" (Media Play, etc.)

8. Michael St. Clair

What is on the Xena bonus disc?

9. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Does BestBuy.com still price-match their release price when you pre-order? It used to be that you could pre-order from their site, and then whatever the release special was, you would receive that. I remember they did this for Shrek when that came out... I pre-ordered it for 19.99, and they actually charged me the release price.

Anyone know?

10. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I jumped through so many hoops to get that Commentary CD set for the first season of South Park, I don't have the time to waste on some stupid unaired episode.

I like South Park and all, but this is becoming ridiculous. I agree with The Digital Bits, this should have been on the DVD from the get go.

11. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

I tried to order it but bestbuy won't ship to Canada [​IMG]
    I wonder if there is any other way I can get it?

12. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I'm with Justin. I don't want to pay $37 for the compilation online when it's likely to be $20 or $25 in-store.

Is this just an online promotion or will the in-store Best Buy discs come with the extra one, a la the Star Trek: TNG sets?

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Unless Best Buy is JUST NOW changing the way they've handled these bonus discs all along, the bonus disc will be available in stores.

It will be available via Suncoast, via MediaPlay, and via Sam Goody. FutureShop and Best Buys in Canada will surely also have it, since it all comes from the same central warehouse stock.

Best Buy still has an online price policy that states "...if you purchase an item online...and choose in-store pick up, and the item is offered at a lower price when you pick it up, you will be charged the lower price." So don't worry about that...even if it applied to this case, which I can assure you it won't.

Mark, it won't be that low of a price in-store...anywhere that I can tell. Come see me on Sunday at the Weekly Roundup and I'll tell you what I think will be the best way to handle this. Per HTF policy I can't say anything until then. I will not be preordering it online, though...I'll bank on getting it in-store to get the best price.

14. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Okay, Best Buy's in-store ad for that week shows bonus discs will be available in-store for South Park S2, Die Another Day, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine S3, and The Fast And The Furious - Tricked Out Edition.

Relax.

15. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    David:

NEVER! [​IMG]

Actually, my issue lies in the fact that the nearest Best Buy is an hour's drive away, and it's rather impractical to get there during the week... and I always hate waiting until Saturday... just in case an emergency arises that I might not make it. I'd rather pre-order, get the price, and get it delivered that week. But I guess, I'll just have to wait!

I hate waiting, I'm a DVD fan, I can't WAIT! [​IMG] My only question... why aren't there the original Spirit of Christmas shorts on this bonus DVD??

16. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Justin, typically, if you wait until the week fo release, it's cheaper. The pre-order price is the regular price.

17. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

18. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

I'll be waiting to see reviews before I buy this set. The last set was one of the worst in almost every way. Bad picture, popping sound, forced intros, no chapters, deleted commentaries, repetitive commercials, etc.

I love the show and wish it had gotten better treatment. Bonus disc or not, WB is going to have to prove themselves before I plunk down my moolah on another set.

19. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

20. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

True, but I don't think that decent picture, sound, and CHAPTER STOPS are too much to ask. Do we have the episodes? Yes. Are they watchable? Barely. Is the set worth anywhere near what they are charging for it? Not by a longshot.

Hopefully Season 2 will be better.