What's new

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free! (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will

I can't believe it! Frezon finally got something good from BB! Hey, did anyone else get the coupons this week for 10% off? BTW guys, thanks for keeping this thread going, you're making me very proud! :D

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
Just having joined RZ recently, I have a dumb Reward Zone member question that wasn't clearly answered by the FAQ on the site.

When you choose the e-mail option for your RZ certificates, does it still take 6 to 8 weeks to receive them? Or does that only apply to postal?

Thanks in advance.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The email option is usually a few days after the account cycle, but I've had no luck getting the things to work (you can do a search for a thread on the subject) so I HAVE to do the snail mail option.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i check the rewardzone.com site nearly everyday to see when my next cert has come up.
from the time it's posted there it has been anywere from 1 week to a month until it shows in my email.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday we received a letter saying our membership was renewed for free. As mentioned earlier, we renewed it a few weeks ago. When I called, they said that the paid renewal would be added to the free renewal so I should be good until October 2007. Also, one a month passes by after the paid renewal I should see the bonus points for renewing.

Neil

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
I know you can't use them on bestbuy.com but has anyone ever done an in-store pickup and used a reward certificate then?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That would require you to ask for a price adjustment when you pick up the item. I highly doubt they would go for it since technically you are only picking up the item, not paying for it. How many places will let you apply a coupon after you've paid, let alone one that specifies in-store use only?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
My membership was just extended to 10/31/07 - a year of real free membership added to the renewal I did in September. I don't know if that would have happened if I hadn't called them after getting the free membership notice in the mail.

I still don't see the bonus points I was supposed to get from that renewal, but maybe those will be on soon. If not, I'll have to call them yet again.

Neil

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I got a free renewal as well (no e-mail/snail mail notification though; found out by using my previously expired card this week).

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I never recieved a card, and when I called I was told that they "don't send out replacement cards" I hope they renew my membership and send me a card finally!

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
All you people getting free renewals makes me hate the new Reward Zone here in Columbus, OH that much more. "Free membership", but it's now $250 spent to earn a $5 certificate.... Looks like it's pretty much free membership everywhere else too, with a better rate of return. :angry:

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I had a $20 Reward Certificate and one of the usual 10% off coupons(Nov 18th-21st) that they mail out and noticed that Lost Season 1 was being sold for $29.99 (from $49.99) so I decided to finally get this show on DVD.

When I checked out ($6.99 for a 7 disc set!) the cashier told me I could renew for a year for free. This was just yesterday so it doesn't appear on my account online, but it was set to expire at the end of January 2006. So I guess I won't be getting a replacement card for the card I never got, but I do have another year to build up a few more Reward Certificate.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was just checking my account and I now have an extra 30,000 pending points. I guess those must come from my renewal in September which was supposed to come with those points (thus making it essentially free).

Neil

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Received info yesterday stating a change in the program effective September 2006. From memory:

- Changing to a dollar-per-point system
- Spend $250 and get $5 voucher (i.e. 250 points for $5 back)
- No annual fee; make one purchase a year to maintain the account

The info also included a 12% off coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks