What's new

Best Buy question (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has been recently stocking more and more Criterion releases as of late. At my local BB, they had 8 1/2 and In the Mood for Love. I'm just curious to know if anybody has spotted Rashomon at their stores yet.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Yes, I saw it there. My Best Buy here in Orlando, FL also carries Rushomre, Armageddon, the Rock, 39 Steps, Vanishing, Do the Right Thing, Hidden Fortress, Seven Samurai, the other Samurai movies, Life of Brian, and a whole buch more. Their selection is excellent!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess that answers the question of what forum this thread belongs to. Thanks to the administrator who moved it.

Thanks Matt for the info.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
It used to be that the local Best Buys only carried Seven Samurai, Brazil, Chasing Amy, Charade, and Kwaidan. I started dropping cards in the suggestion box, and while they never did pick up additional silent titles, they now have a pretty decent selection of Criterion discs. The ones I've purchased there are My Man Godfrey, Sullivan's Travels, The Blob, Kwaidan, Charade, and Chasing Amy. They also carry (some just occasionally) And God Created Woman, Black Narcissus, Hidden Fortress, Sanjuro, Yojimbo, the Samurai Trilogy, Rushmore, The Rock, 39 Steps, Life of Brian, Gimme Shelter, Beastie Boys, and several others. I haven't seen Rashomon yet, but the local stores usually don't get the Criterion titles until a week or two after they're released. They've missed out on a couple sales to me because of this.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
My local BestBuy has The Vanishing available on the shelves, a very good suspense movie.

I have noticed more Criterion titles on the shelves lately.

JohnG

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Thanks to the administrator who moved it.
That would be me. You're welcome!
Tell your friends. :) I'm hoping to encourage more activity in this little corner of HTF. It's a nice quiet spot to trade tips and information about various vendors, what they do and don't sell, how they treat their customers, etc. Some discussions fit better in Coupons and Bargains, but I think most issues involving specific retailers (whether on-line or brick 'n' mortar) fit better here.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks