What's new

Best Buy Preferred Customer Weekend 12/6-8 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just got the mail and found coupons for Best Buy's Preferred Customer Weekend of December 6-8. My package includes:
  • 10% Off any combo of regular-priced music and movies (limit 5)
  • FREE $40 BB Gift Card instantly when you spend $200 or more on any combination of music, movies, and video games.
  • 10% off any single item from specific categories.
:D :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Don't panic yet, Mike. These things don't all arrive at the same time. I expect mine will show on Monday or Tuesday, as always.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Funny thing, Mike. I hadn't gotten any in a long time. But, I did get the group from about a month ago and in today's mail, both my wife AND I received them. I wonder if they're opening up their lists for the holidays.

Tell you what, Mike. Send me an email with your address and I'll mail you my wife's coupons.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I get these like clockwork and rarely use them.
Truthfully, 10% off a DVD or CD isn't worth the gas to drive to the store. Since I can usually get the same price or better online (not to mention free shipping and no sales tax from .com stores) it almost always costs me more to use these coupons than just ordering online. And since these coupons are only valid Fri-Sun, if I want the 10% off, I actually have to wait longer to see a new release from Best Buy than the one that comes in the mail from Amazon.com.
Now if it was a 30% off coupon... ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Phil, that's like at 16.7% "savings" or "rebate" or whatever you want to call it.
The $40 gift card with $200 purchase is 20%.
So, Bill, here's my response about whether or not it's worth the gas to head to Best Buy for this:
Either offer I just mentioned is noticably better than the other, more normal 10% saving coupon. And probably is better than your normal online offers, even if it's not quite the 30% savings you prefer. :)
And $200? Not too high a price to spend. I figure I can grab the TNG S6 and X-Files S6 box sets and I'm there. Plus the first two collections are coming out Tuesday for Twilight Zone...at $75.99 each. No, it's not hard right now to get to $200; if you are gonna spend it anyway, might as well get the gift card and save!

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Sorry, David, if the day comes when spending an extra $200 to get a slight additional % off discount on my single DVD makes sense to me, I'll know my hobby is completely out of control. :laugh:
[Edited to simplify comment. I mistakenly used a sentence with two commas. Sorry, Jay.]

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'm just glad they are coming on a TNG Box set week. I just hope they have some left by Friday I just squeaked thru on Season 5 last time.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
YEAH!!! I'm finally on the Preferred Customer Mailing List and received these coupons last Friday!
My BB will hold my Tuesday new release picks till Friday AND they let me combine coupons & price matches, so I'm gonna save a bundle come Friday! :D :D
Also...there's a current BB coupon tucked into this week's US Magazine - pg 54 for $2.00 off any MGM DVD. Coupon is good through January! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
All I need is one of those...

Maybe I'll just head over to goodguys.com and get what I'm looking for without shipping and tax, they got a $25 off $299-500, between 5-9% off.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, that's how it works for me. A couple of employees who recognize how much I buy there go out of their way to hold stuff for me, where the rest don't bother whatsoever.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Also...there's a current BB coupon tucked into this week's US Magazine - pg 54 for $2.00 off any MGM DVD. Coupon is good through January!
Also in this month's Money magazine (in the gift guide section). I found it when I was flipping through my dad's issue when I was home for Thanksgiving. Took it out, of course. :)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Out of the blue today, I received the coupons as well. I guess sending in rebates pays off in more ways than one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just want the record to reflect that Jeff Peterson is a great American and an all-around nice guy! Thanks, Jeff!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Entertainment Weekly (with Lara Croft on the cover) also has the $2 off any MGM DVD at Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks