Best Buy Preferred Coupons Feb. 18-21

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Ron-P, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I received these yesterday and will not be using them. If anyone would like them PM me your addy and I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow morning.

2. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

The coupons I got from best buy were for Feb 11-14th. For some reason, every single time they do those coupon deals, they're during non-payday weekends. That just seems stupid.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    The coupons have been spoken for.

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I am sure Best Buy contacted your employer to get that info...does BB stand for Best Buy or Big Brother???

5. John Perry

John Perry Extra

I received some of these also.

Does anyone know if they will be applied to weekly sale items? They say markdown taken from "regular price" but do not say specifically that they exlude sale items.

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

It's hit or miss. I've heard some people have trouble using them on sale items, but just recently I used it on a sale item and got the additional 10% off. YMMV. Technically they can say "sorry, this is already on sale" and some have said that has happened (I even have a vague, distant memory that they did it once to me too). In recent months though, I've had no problems.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Well, I can't be sure, of course....but maybe, just maybe....

I bet I'll get "Frezoned" again this time around! [​IMG]

8. Ron_E

Ron_E Auditioning

If anyone has the coupon and has no need for them, could you please send them my way? I'm looking to buy a $200+ entertainment center for my GF, and this would definitely help me out. Please send me an e-mail...

9. Robert Powers

Robert Powers Stunt Coordinator

I used the 10% off coupon this weeked for the Led Zeppelin DVD. After I got home I looked at the receipt and noticed that I paid more for the DVD by using the coupon.

The price on the DVD was marked $24.99. I paid for the DVD by using two $5 Reward Zone certificates, a $10 gift card, and a couple of dollars and change. On the receipt it shows the following:

Reg. 24.99 With 10% Off
    Reg. 19.99 With 10.00 RZ Cert

I was charged the $24.99 price minus 10%. Therefore, I was charged $22.49 by using the coupon. If I had not used the coupon it looks like the price would have been $19.99. If this is the case then these coupons are a gimmick if you buy something that is already on sale.

10. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Robert: All I can advise is to take your receipt up to the customer service desk of your BB and hope for the best but expect the worst.

Ask them nicely to make good on the difference. If they balk ask them why they want you to pay more than you should have. If they still say no, explain that if they won't give you the price they were charging everyone else that day, you'll never return to their store and tell all your friends (don't forget to include the part about how much you spend there each month. AND, that you want a refund for entering their Reward Zone program.).

Although the coupons DO say 10% off the regular price of the item...it doesn't make sense they would want to sell you the item for more than what they are selling it toanyone else for. If they try to tell you it was YOUR mistake, tell them their registers should have simply not accepted the coupon since the item was already discounted at a sale price. When their heads explode at that point, you've at least achieved a pyrrhic victory. If you can get the price difference BEFORE the blue shirts' heads explode--THEN you've really accomplished something!

11. Robert Powers

Very good advice Mike!

Where they get you is where it says 10% off the regular price. So if it is on sale when you use the coupon it kicks it up to regular price which with the 10% off it is still higher than the sale price in most cases. From now on those coupons will be going in my trash. I can always find better prices online anyway.

Thanks!

12. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

I just utilized the digital camera coupon last week. I bought a Sony DSC-W1 last Tuesday and they honored the coupon no problem even though it was Tuesday and it was a sale price on the camera. I was dealing with the manager for that area though and buying some other stuff as well. The 12 month interest free doesn't hurt either.

13. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Robert: The regular/sale price thing with the 10% off is really hit and miss. Sometimes it'll ring up on the sale price...and even if the 10% doesn't show up because the item is on sale, some times the cashiers will ring in the 10% off the sale price anyway. You can never tell.

I hope you'll report back here if you try to get things fixed. It might not seem like a lot of $, but you can't let them take advantage of you.

They should not only fix it, but they should do something extra for you since you had to come back to the store to get it fixed. Its a rare thing today when a retailer sees that far ahead, though.

14. John Perry

John Perry Extra

The coupon worked out well for me. We have a dedicated theater in the basement with a PJ and HDTV but I've wanted a HDTV for our family room since this is where we do most of our TV watching.

I've had my eye on the Sony KV30HS420 and in last week's flyer it was $999. We went in Friday night and it was marked $948. The kid used the 10% coupon and it ended up at $853 so I was very pleased.

Sometimes you get lucky.

15. Robert Powers

John,

You did get lucky! I guess sometimes those coupons work and sometimes they don't.

Mike,

I havn't done anything about my little scenerio. I guess I am too lazy to get off my butt for a couple of bucks.

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Robert:

You are letting the man keep you down.

[​IMG]

17. willieGoldman

willieGoldman Auditioning

Does anyone know how often those coupons come out? Or when the next ones will be mailed?

Thanks!

18. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Only the man upstairs, Willie. And I ain't talkin' 'bout the CEO of BestBuy, either!

[​IMG]

19. Hal

Hal Extra

"Best Buy" is often a misnomer...

Wolf

20. Robert Powers

EXACTLY!!! I don't see how they legally use the word "Best" in their name.