Best Buy Pre-order question

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Chad A Wright, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Is Best Buy a decent place to preorder from? When do they change their preorder price to what it will be the first week of release?

I don't normally preorder anything from them, but I have some BB gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I tried to preorder Friends Season 6 which wasn't even on the site. So then I tried Secondhand Lions which they have for $24.99.

How long is it before they lower the price to the sale level of the first week?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Be aware that BB puts a hold on your funds when your order is placed. They don't actually charge until they ship, but the hold has screwed things up for some folks (like when using a check card). There's an old thread about it around here somewhere.

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Stunt Coordinator

BestBuy is very reputable company if that's what you are asking. Pretty much nation wide they are.

If you are asking about price changes about when the "every day low price" will start to "equal sale price" of the first week then that is totally dependent upon the title. However price drops as they are called usually appear 9 months to 18 months after a title is released.

4. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

Are you talking about pre-ordering online? A while ago it seemed that if the pre-order was $19.99 you would only pay the typical $15.99 price BB would have for newer DVDs. Now it seems that BB's prices on new releases are weak. For example, the individual Alien movies went on "sale" for $19.99.

Why pre-order anyway?

5. Chad A Wright

Yeah, I was talking about the preorder prices. I was just going to preorder because I was afraid I would spend these gift cards before the releases I wanted were out [​IMG] No self control.

6. Kyle-K

Kyle-K Stunt Coordinator

I'm not even sure you can use the gift cards online..

I have one from Christmas and it says "...in any U.S Best Buy retail location..."

I could be wrong but I interpreted that to mean not online... in store only.

--kyle

7. JamesGL

JamesGL Stunt Coordinator

Best buy preorders are not cheaper, in most cases they are the same price when it comes out or MORE expensive.

8. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Unless something has changed very recently gift cards can not be used online.

9. JoN:MiLLeR

JoN:MiLLeR Agent

bby gift cards can not be used online, and online pre-order automatically price changes to the current sell price on day of release

10. Chad A Wright

Yeah, I discovered that they can't be used online the hard way. They should really make the warning more prominent on their website. I looked forever for a way to use it.