What's new

Best Buy/MGM Exclusive Titles Not Stocked (1 Viewer)

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
Just went to my local Best Buy and asked about the new "Exclusive MGM" Midnite Movie double features. I was told there was a box in back and they brought them out. The titles which were announced were:

Land That Time Forgot, The/People That Time Forgot, The
Empire Of The Ants/Tentacles
Count Yorga Vampire/Return Of Count Yorga, The
Theatre Of Blood/Madhouse
Incredible Two-Headed Transplant, The/Thing With Two Heads, The
Gas-S-S-S-S/Wild In The Streets
Ghost Of Dragstrip Hollow, The (P/S)/Ghost In The Invisible Bikini
Invasion Of The Star Creatures/Invasion Of The Bee Girls
Wild Angels, The/Hell's Belles
Attack Of The Puppet People/Village Of The Giants

The only titles they had were:

Empire Of The Ants/Tentacles
Count Yorga Vampire/Return Of Count Yorga, The
Theatre Of Blood/Madhouse
Incredible Two-Headed Transplant, The/Thing With Two Heads, The
Attack Of The Puppet People/Village Of The Giants

I asked when the other titles would be in, and was told "they weren't ordered". They couldn't find half of the titles in the computer.

Anyone else have this experience. The store I went to was in Pleasant Hill CA, and I had them check "availability" and no other stores had the other titles (in the area) - according to their computer.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Two stores had everyone of them. The horror section was pretty full and there was a special section where they were displayed as you came into the store.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
If the store computer is like the Best Buy web site, many of the titles are listed by the first movie's title only, not as a double feature--although they do show an Aug. 24 release date. That could be causing the problem when an employee tries to look them up.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
The new West Hollywood flagship store had all the new Midnite two-fers - but they had them all grouped under "Midnite" in each section (Horror, Comedy etc.).

Most times you have to try and figure out just where they will stock a new title - it's the eternal mystery at Best Buy.

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
had them all here in pittsburgh, including the older ones. they were scattered thruout every section, and the other BB had a display of them.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I went to a Best Buy in Manhattan and I managed to pick up the last copy of Wild in the Streets/Gasss, which is the one I wanted most. They had all the rest but seemed to be running low on some of them.

I had to go to the "Action" section to find Wild Angels/Hells Belles and Wild in the Streets/Gasss, while everything else seemed to be in the horror section. There was no special display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams456
Recent bookmarks