What's new

Best Buy -- Many Superbit DVDs now $9.99 (1 Viewer)

James D

Second Unit
Tim-H.-did you take them up to the register? Even if they are tagged higher, they should scan at $9.99 at the register.:)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
James D: Will try that later today with Spidey 2 and Starship Troopers (if I see it). Thanks!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Johnny Mnemonic is tempting, but I'm still hopelessly holding out for a Japanese cut in R1. I don't need to buy three versions.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think we know by now it is a legit sale.
can the thread be changed from mis price?

PerryD

Supporting Actor
It may not even be sale since they are stickered at $9.99; perhaps sometime in the future they will be a part of a 2 for $15 sale.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Picked up Gattaca today. Very pleased! Been wanting this for a while but couldn't bear the near $30 price and since getting my 55" tv didnt want to get the standard edition. BB never had the SB whenever I went looking for it.

-paul

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Went to my BB on Tuesday, none of the SB were marked as $9.99. I asked two workers if they knew anything about it and they said they had updated all dvd prices on Sunday and didn't hear about anything like this. They also said the prices on their own website do not refelct in store prices. I guess I'll have to wait.

James D

Second Unit
SteveCallas-did you have either of them scan the UPC code? Don't trust the sticker price-it should ring up for $9.99 at the register.:)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
My BB in West Hollywood (at Santa Monica and La Brea) is definitely in on the sale. They even had a special display of Superbits with the $9.99 price on them. So were the copies on the shelves. Only exception I could see was Black Hawk Down which still said $21.99. Picked up Dracula and Spidey 2 myself.

- Guy

Jim-M

Second Unit

Just order them online for in-store pickup. You'll get the online price without the shipping charges. I've done that before when there was a $10+ price difference between bb.com and the B&M.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
My Best Buy had an entire display dedicated to Superbit Titles. I would say they had between 15 and 20 titles priced at $9.99.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
No I didn't have them ring it up, didn't think of that. I think I will order it online and then do a pickup - that way I won't have to talk to employees if it rings up wrong.

John Gido

Second Unit
It should be noted that NOT ALL superbit titles are $9.99. In the BB store in Bridgewater, NJ they had all of their superbits on a separate display and all were marked with the full price. The Patriot rang up at $9.99 while Vertical Limit rang up at $22.99! :rolleyes

Remember, YMMV.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
vertical was marked 9.99 and rang up as 22.99 at my store

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
Well, picked up SWAt, The Patriot, Underworld, and The Big Hit. The Big Hit rang up 22.99, but was priced 9.99, so no problems there. Trying to talk myself out of going back and buying a few more, but at these prices, it is hard to do.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

I went yesterday after work hoping my store would have the display ... and it DID! It wasn't in the front, but was placed in the aisle perpendicular to the other discs. I scored Spider-Man 2 and Air Force One! What's great about this for me is that I'd been wanting AFO for a loooong time, but all they ever had on the shelve was a copy that looked like it had been handled a lot and dropped a few times. :frowning: The display had a fresh supply. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
today all the dark crystals had the 9.99 crossed off and had a new label next to the old with a 22.99 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks