What's new

Best Buy does it again.... Premium pricing for Widescreen Cats and Dogs (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
David, an added benefit to your plan just occurred to me: when you go back to grab 3 of the P&S version to show to get the lower price, you're also getting 3 of the MARred version off the shelves, thereby possibly saving three lost souls! Well done!

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
*************possible mature***********************

Man who loves P&S: Hi, my name is Joe and I have a 2" penis cause I'm edited for your dis-satisfaction.

Ross Waite

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, you could purchase the P&S version, open it, then bring it into the store and exchange it for the OAR version claiming the P&S version is defective.

When doing an "even" exchange, it is very unlikely that they will even notice their error.

If asked what is wrong with the product, tell them the sides were removed, and that you paid for the entire movie. Or not, and claim it doesn't display correctly on your TV (which is technically the truth, from an OAR perspective).

...Just a thought. We might as well use their ignorance against them.

-Ross

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Well, it seems that BB is not the only one that has different prices for the OAR and P&S of "Cats and Dogs". Just went to Amazon and saw that the OAR is 21.46 (20% off list) and P&S is 20.24(25% off). List price for both is the same.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
also, the funny thing is, its actually more expensive to produce a P&S version of a movie on DVD than its OAR version.

I mean, they need to actually go in and spend time setting up the actual Panning and Scanning, whereas the OAR version they just "burn" to a DVD. (i know, i know, way more complicated, but in a nutshell)

this sucks.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Checked my local BB today and there were exactly five copies of Cats and Dogs - all widescreen. Unfortunately, I fear that just means there're the ones not selling (also at $22.99).

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just picked up a widescreen copy at BB for $14.99. The register actually rang it up for $22.99 but the sticker on the packaging was $14.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks