Best Buy Digital Coupons

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, May 14, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Since Best Buy beefs up the prices of ordering online with an Order Charge and Tax I'm trying to figure if their $10 digital Coupons you get when you preorder titles like Black Hawk Down, is worth it. They have a prerelease price of $19.99 on it. Now that'll probably be a title they sell for $17.99 or less. If they drop the price do you get then new price when it ships plus the digital coupon? I took advantage of this on Harry Potter before they dropped it, but that was before I realized all the Hidden charges.

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    What I meant was on the title that gets you the Digital coupon do they dive you lower than the preorder price?

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Dave,

I'm wondering the same thing too. I'm still thinking of pre-ordering Black Hawk Down. However, I'm know they will drop the price of it and wonder if I will get charged the new, lower price.

Also, do they charge for taxes online? If so, I guess I should just schedule an in-store pick-up.

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Interesting. I went to go ahead and pre-order, just seeing what the info would say, and the price is already marked down from 19.99 to 17.99. With shipping and tax it would cost me $22.23. However, the digital coupon has to be used by the end of June. I'm still deciding if I want to go ahead and do this offer because there are no other titles I want to buy before the end of June. However, would pre-orders count?

6. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I just got a $5 digital coupon from BestBuy.com (just for being me - isn't that special [​IMG] ). I already had a $10 one saved in there from buying Ocean's 11.
    Both of these coupons had to be used by early June, so I went ahead and pre-ordered Lord of the Rings and both coupons were applied to the order. Right now LOTR is $22.95, but I'm sure it will drop, hopefully to $17.99 or even lower, by street date. And I'll get yet another $10 GC for buying LOTR.

7. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Whenever I get a digital coupon from Best Buy I just order something online from Bestbuy.com and select In-Store pickup instead of having shipped to me. That way I don't pay for shipping just tax.