What's new

Best Buy Deals (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
For others out there that are skeptical of a great price at a great distance and dont like the idea of having to return anything purchased a distance away from your home in case of problems

There is Best Buy

Every 2 to 3 weeks they have a certain brand DVD on sale
for 20% off
Paramount,Fox, and so on, this group now on sale not that great but sale if fixing to change this weekend

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, until Feb. 1 BestBuy.com has Fox DVDs under $17.99 on sale for 20% off their normal discounted price.

I've taken advantage of this deal to order/pre-order some of the Fox Studio Classics for only $11.99: ALL ABOUT EVE, HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY, THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, and THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR.

Unfortunately, for some odd reason the website doesn't have AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, which streets next Tuesday 2/4/03. I e-mailed them asking why and their reply (in typical braindead fashion) was that it isn't available on their website. Duh.

So, JoeyR, if you are a plant for BestBuy (not that I'm suggesting you are) how about doing something about this for me? :)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Im not a plant lol, in my non movie watching time I am a commercial Heating and Air technician,we hadnt had a Best Buy in Louisiana until the past year, my first order from them ,ordered online, picked up in store, got screwed up 3 movies I ordered(that would have to be shipped because of no store stock)I pulled off their shelves in 3 minutes, I complained to the manager(plus the wait in line, was during Christmas)and he gave me 40 dollars off the JVC 900BK DVD changer,so I guess I cant complain

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Unfortunately, for some odd reason the website doesn't have AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, which streets next Tuesday 2/4/03.
Well, they finally have it on BestBuy.com so I ordered it. $11.99 until Feb. 1.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
If you read the fine print, it says "sale excludes preorders". Did it still work? (i.e. $11.99 for An Affair to Remember)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, if you put any of those Fox titles that are normally $14.99 in your shopping cart, including the preorders, you will see the price changed to $11.99 and that's what you're charged (plus tax; shipping is free). Good deal.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Cool, I didn't realize that this also worked for preorders. So far, I've ordered all 6 of the fox studio classics from bestbuy. Can't beat the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks