Best Buy buys Future Shop

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Borbridge, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Michael Borbridge

So, what does everybody up here in Canada think of Best Buy purchasing Future Shop and what do you people down south think of this development ... Not sure where this should go so I'm putting it here ... Thanks Michael [​IMG]

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Personally I was hoping that Best Buy would come in to compete with Futureshop so that we would get better pricing. But, from a business perspective, $580 Million is not much to buy into an entire country and potentially lock in an extra 10% more revenue on Best Buy's part. Probably more since the national consumer electronics retail sector in Canada is basically Futureshop.
    Hopefully Best Buy will bring in more brands and selection.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. Ken Wilson

Ken Wilson Agent

Hi!
    Ya, I just read about that......I don't know what to expect. I'm kinda' worried about pricing for DVDs. When I go into a Best Buy in the USA, I see that they're charging the same or more in US dollars than we pay in Canadian. I'd hate to see Best Buy jack the prices to increase their profits on accouna' they think we've had it too good!
    If that happens, I'll rebel and buy all my DVDs from the A&B Sound website or the Used stores!!
    "Best Buy" had better live-up to their name...
    Ken