Best Buy and SACD player ce775

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by anthony_b, Jan 6, 2003.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

My local best buy (Manalapan,NJ)has a Sony ce775 SACD player on clearance. This is a player that has been discontinued and very hard to find. They have one open box that has been there for at least 5 months. (I just saw it there yesterday).

2. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

If you're looking for this player, also check the Circuit City SACD kiosks. I got mine there for $99.

Aaron

3. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

4. David Nolan

David Nolan Stunt Coordinator

i purchased one from circuit city a few weeks ago, open box demo unit, for $100. no problems so far. considering i am just dipping my toe into sacd at the moment it seemed like the more economical choice. i can always have it modded or sell it and upgrade later. but i agree that you should take a good, close look at the unit before buying it. some of their other demo units looked like hell.

david

5. Charles Elliot

I got one (demo unit off the shelf) after Christmas and paid 129, and I sprung for the 3 year optional warranty for $30 just in case... learned my lesson after the last DVD player I got there died after a year and a half.

so far, so good (way impressed for the money).

anyone know what they do if the thing breaks and they can't fix it? hopefully this is just a hypothetical, but I wondered since sonydoesn't have a replacement option as of now.

6. Walt Park

Walt Park Stunt Coordinator

Thats a good question. When I bought my wireless they said that they would credit me the amount I paid. I think CC will replace it with the most comparable model, so I guess it depends on where you bought it, and what the policy is for that. Somethings I think are credited, and others are up-swapped.

7. Kevin Webb

Kevin Webb Agent

Thanks to Aaron, I went to my local CC and finally picked up my CE775. I paid $129 + $30 for the warranty. It sounds great so far, although it will get a better break-in over the weekend.
    One upgrade down, one to go (the speakers) and with the savings on the player I'll be able to get those M&K's a little sooner [​IMG]
    This has to be the most dangerous site on the internet!