Best Buy ad error

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, May 7, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The rack advertised is NOT carried by most of the stores. It's the Fellowes multimedia rack on page 3
    They only have the one that holds 240 DVDs, NOT 288, and the 240DVD rack is usually $49.99
    I got the manger to knock off $10 since the item in the ad wasn't for sale at the store. Whether it holds 240DVDs or not I don't know yet, as I have yet to move my collection [​IMG]
    It is still available on the web site

2. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I bought this rack a couple weeks ago ($50) and I'm very pleased with it. Simple, looks good and you can actually take the two extra shelves you get (if you set it up just for DVD's) and mount those on the wall to hold another 80 DVD's.

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I think I have the 240 rack, and I'm happy with it overall. I think I'll go built-in for my new house though.

4. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

But, beware - The rack will bow.

I have mine stocked with CDs and it did not take long for the shelves to start to touch the CDs on the row below.

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I haven't had trouble with bowing on DVDs. However, setting it up for DVDs, there is not but a centimeter between the tops of DVDs and the bottom of the next shelf.

6. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

I also imagine that the CDs are considerably heavier than DVDs, so bowing might not ever be an issue.

However, I would still recommend the Atlantic set - though the price is not too comparable. It's an investment that will last, and that should account for something.