What's new

Best Buy ad: 39,999 RZ points = $15 in certificates (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
In this week's ad, a Sony 8" 100-Watt subwoofer is featured, at a price of $99.99. They also mention you get 30,000 bonus points if you buy it. Then they say "39,999 total points = $15 in reward certificates". This offer started yesterday and goes through October 2. The new point-reward level takes effect on October 3. Obviously, even if you bought the subwoofer yesterday, the points wouldn't be added until well after October 3.

So do you think that any purchases you make before October 3 are actually good toward the 12,500 point level (even though the points may not be added until after October 3) or is it just a mistake in the ad?

I've got several purchases that I made after September 3, so this is really a critical issue for me. I know I'll just have to wait and see, but I wanted to get your input beforehand.

Thanks,
--Mark--

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I would imagine that any purchases made after September 3 will be credited toward the new point level.

The only way to get a cert at the old level would be if you went over 12,500 points with purchases prior to September 3 which will be credited prior to October 3.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea. I wrote them an e-mail a day before I created this thread but have heard nothing back. Perhaps calling is the better route to take.

--Mark--

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I finally got a reply from my e-mail. Good news:

"On October 3rd it will take 15,000 points to issue a $5.00 certificate. I am pleased to let you know that until then it will be 12,500 points for a $5.00 certificate. Since your purchase was made before October 3, you will still be credited at the old rate."

--Mark--

Users who are viewing this thread