What's new

Best Buy 2 Replace DVD Plyr- Which 1? (1 Viewer)

Adrian Ramirez

Auditioning
Okay guys, I need your help. Best Buy is going to replace my Pioneer DV-C302D Dvd player with its no lemon policy. They will replace it with a "like" model (decoder, changer, $399 retail) At the moment, I have an JVC 32" D-series analog TV. Should I upgrade to a progressive scan for future proof capability? Will a progressive scan be compatible with my TV today? Also, I really like disc changers.
Which model do you recommend that they carry at Bestbuy to purchase? http://www.bestbuy.com/HomeAudioVide...at=32&scat=244
Progressive scan models Considering:
1. JVC 7 disc XVFA95GD
2. Panasonic RP56
3. Toshiba SD-4700
4. Sony DVP-NS700P
Interlace Models Considering:
1. Panasonic RP31
2. Sony 5 disc DVP-NC650V
3. Pioneer DV440
Please help me. I need to decide this week.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i'd take the RP56 any day. great interlaced picture and it had PS for when you get a digital TV later on. (no it's not compatible with your current set, sorry!)

again, i've heard bad stuff about the Pioneer, so i'd stay away from it. now while i really do not like JVC in general, that 7-disc PS + DVD-A model has gotten some good reviews from people here. it does have the carousel you like and adds PS and DVD-Audio for when you move to that format. unless they offer the Panny RA60, i say go JVC or RP56.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Take the Toshiba 4700. Great intertlaced picture and progressive scan for the future. Plus it plays DVD audio and mp3 encoded discs.

Brian R

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the JVC XVFA95GD for about 2 months and would highly recommend it. It has outstanding progressive playback, as well as DVD Audio and mp3. If you like changers for their random playback capabilities then you should know, that it will not shuffle all the discs in the carousel in random mode. It will only shuffle the the tracks on one disc at time, and only audio cds, not mp3, DVD or DVD audio.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
"I have had the JVC XVFA95GD for about 2 months and would highly recommend it. It has outstanding progressive playback, as well as DVD Audio and mp3..."

The same goes for the JVC 70BK/75GD in single play for about $235.

Adrian Ramirez

Auditioning
Thanks for your replies, they have been helpful. I have not heard any good or bad reviews for the Toshiba SD-4700. Any good?

For me, it appears I am leaning toward the JVC disc changer or RP56.

I still have until next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks