What's new

Best bookshelfs for sub $800 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I was considering getting Klipsch RF-3's, as they sounded very good, but the only problem is that I'm going to put them in a small room. I was wondering if there are even better sounding bookshelfs than that.
Oh btw, I live outside the US where Norh, Swan and Axiom aren't available :frowning:

DonJ

Second Unit
I love my Paradigm Mini Monitors. I use them as my rears but when I listen to them as stereo fronts the sound awesome.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Polk makes a great line of Book shelf speakers, the LSi-7 would likely be the way to go and you might be able to find them for ~$800 a pair.

They are small enough to put almost anywhere (and include a easy way to mount them) and don't sound like a small speaker at all.

Brian

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
You may want to take a look at B&W, the 602 series 3 is supposed to be great, it around $650 I think. I've listened to the 602 series 2, and was very impressed (though I ended up going with the floorstanding 603's).

Ranga

Stunt Coordinator
Having listened to most of the other good speakers that have been mentioned, I found the Jean Marie Reynaud Twins Mk II to exceed all expectations. When you listen to them, you forget about the speakers and focus on the music. I believe they are under $800.
Link to JMR website

RM Haney

Grip
I auditioned both the RF-3 floorstanders and the RB-5 bookshelves and ended up purchasing the RB-5's. The speakers sounded almost identical with the edge going to the RB-5. I thought the RB-5 had tighter bass and sounded a little smoother. Keep in mind that this demo was in the dealers showroom and your space may give you a totally different sound than the showroom. But in my opinion, the RB-5's were awesome. By the way, I found these speakers at my local audio store (Sound Advice) for buy one/get one free so at that point it was a no-brainer. They also get great reviews over at audioreview.com. Check it out.

Mike

David_ME

Auditioning
Ryan,

if you have a chance to listen to the Reynaud Twin MKII, i would definatly recommend it. i don't think they are popular on this forum, but a search on Audioasylum.com should provide plenty of useful information.

david

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
Dynaudio Audience 52's.......
52.jpg

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Some others to add to your shopping list:

Sonus faber Concertino, Dynaudio Audience 52, Dynaudio Contour 1.1 (possibly used), B&W CDM1-NT, NHT 1.5, Paradigm Studio20.

These are all better than the Klipsch IMHO, but you may find differently.

Heard rumblings of the new Polk Lsi and Reynauds but have not auditioned these.

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
i heard the JM-Reynaud Twin MKIIs today, and i agree that they are very good speakers. i compared them to Paradigm Studio/20 v.2s and the Klipsch RB-5s. To me, the Paradigm and Reynauds were somewhat similar, and i didn't really like the Klispchs all that much. The imaging on the Reynauds is very nice though.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I second the Paradigm Studio 40. They're the best bookshelves I've heard around that price point.

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

If your music preferences lean towards jazz, classical or vocals, try Triangle Titus 202's

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maindude