What's new

BEST BITS?? (SUPERBIT List) (1 Viewer)

Allan Cast

Agent
Hey guys and gals.

I have not gotten any Superbit DVDs and was wondering which Superbit titles are the best in terms of Picture Quality. Lawrence of Arabia? 5th Element?

Can you list your Best Bits please. Thanks! :D

Allan Cast

Agent
Thanks for the link Jeremy.

I did do a search under superbit before I started this thread but very few posts turned up. :frowning:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am very surprised no new Superbits have been announced. Does anyone why?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Bram Stoker's Dracula is probably the largest video-quality upgrade compared to the original release (Gattaca may also be a big upgrade, but I don't know anyone who had both copies).

Especially with the case of re-releases of newer DVDs the largest upgrade will be in the DTS mix since newer "standard" releases tend to be universally excellant' in terms of video quality.. I hear DAS BOOT's DTS mic is among the best ever put on DVD.

Resident Evil is my personal choice for "Doesn't look any better" award. The DTS isn't even radically differant than the DD either. But the standard release has the worst commentary ever recorded. So "losing" this feature is an upgrade.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Resident Evil hands down has the best audio and video transfer on Superbit. I use that DVD (and Terminator 2: Judgement Day UE) most as reference quality when people come over and want to test out the home theatre.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I use that DVD (and Terminator 2: Judgement Day UE) most as reference quality when people come over and want to test out the home theatre.
I hope you are only referring to the audio quality of T2: UE as the video is very mediocre.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
The T2 Extreme Edition (the regular disc) is the best looking transfer I've seen yet from film...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
While I have Dracula Superbit, and never compared it to the original, the transfer is not as good as I used to think...maybe it's because I've been exposed to many more new releases/restorations.

The print shows too much dirt - particularly visible in some of the daylight scenes. Some of the night scenes still look quite good --- the colors and blackness contrast well. But, I certainly wouldn't categorize this DVD as reference.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I hope you are only referring to the audio quality of T2: UE as the video is very mediocre.
Yes, before the extreme edition, I use to use the UE for both audio and video. But now only for audio, where for me it counts the most and where I impress people the most. :D

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
Desperado (superbit). Ordered it a while back from www.cd-wow.com. It is a region 3 but should have the same transfer with region 1. Watched it last night and I am very impressed with the transfer.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Das Boot is incredible. The video has a few minor issues but its really minor IMHO. The audio is simply outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks