What's new

Best bang for the buck for a 27" tv (1 Viewer)

For a 27inch tv should i go samsung 27" digital hdtv? or a sony wega 27". Is it worth it to go hdtv for a 27"?

The samsung is 1000 dollars.. but the sony wega 27" is about 550 i think but no hdtv..are there any other good 27" tv's out there? which are high quality?

Thanks And ALL SUGGESTIONS LOVED

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I think if you're going to spend that much, you might as well go with a 32". The size difference is VERY noticable..and in the end you'll probably be happier.

But I wouldn't go HDTV on anything smaller then a 36"

Check out Toshiba's 32's...that's what I have. Pretty inexpensive...I love it.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Dude,

I think spending $1000 on a 27" TV is bogus..

For that $1000, you can equip yourself with a nice projection system..

Kelly N

Agent
If it's for a bedroom or secondary smaller room, the Costco in Nashville has an RCA 27" TV with a built-in DVD player and 6 head HiFi VCR for $700. I don't usually go in for the 2 or 3-in-1 combos b/c if one part goes down the whole thing is buggered, but since this is from Costco, if it breaks just take it back for a new one. I would guess that they carry similar stock around the country.

I am in a similar situation. My viewers sit 6-10 feet from the viewing area. I presently have the Sony KV-27FV17 Wega on order. Got it for $675.00 from Cambridge Soundworks; I have Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 speakers. the only 32" that will work with my enetertainment center from IKEA is the Toshiba, as it can't weigh more than 150lbs.

I am not sure if I should move the sofa forward and keep the 27" (I've heard with component video the 16x9 mode rocks!) or cancel the order for the 32" Toshiba

MaybeI should get it in the room first, and see how it looks. I am moving up from an old Zenith 19"

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks