Best Bang/Buck Component Video Switcher?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David*RT, Feb 19, 2004.

1. David*RT

David*RT Stunt Coordinator

I would like to add a very good component video switcher with remote to go along with my preamp.

What is a switcher that will give you the most performance for the relative buck, before things start to escalate in substantial diminishing returns?.......

2. Winfred.S

Winfred.S Agent

You might want to mention how many component inputs you need.

And more importantnly, how much are you willing to spend? Point of diminishing returns depends on your income and savings and overall worth, IMO, so only you can set this point.

I was going to suggest the Iscan Ultra HD, not only does it switch but also scales, but it only has two comonent inputs. And retails for $1,500.

3. David*RT

David*RT Stunt Coordinator

Right now my needs are simple...a 2 component switcher would work (Xbox and Philips SACD dvd player)....

4. Richard Ansley

Richard Ansley Auditioning

I found a company named Inday which produces a wideband video switcher with remote. It has four ports. The internet address is inday.com. They also produce a distribution amplifier for component video. It's used to send your video signal up to 4 monitors. I am using one to send to a projector and a hdtv.

Rich Ansley
    Anchorage, Ak

5. DavidK

DavidK Extra

David*RT,
    I just posted this response on the AV sources forum on another ? about the Cables America 4x2 switch (~98.00 USD)..but here it tis again..

I own the Cablesamerica 4x2 switch and have posted on this switch on the AVS "HDTV Hardware" forum in the thread: "New component switch at BestBuy for $99. Seven inputs!". You can review this thread to get a good perspective on several dif component switch recommendations.

I've had no problems with image degradation for HDTV/etc and feel this switch is a great value - especially since it has 2 outputs & a remote control too.

link: http://www.cablesamerica.com/product...7001&sku=40020

For those interested, below are the audio.video specs as listed in the accompanying literature:

Video bandwidth: >250Mhz, +/- 3db
    Video distortion: 50db

6. luecjennifer

luecjennifer Auditioning

You can get some fine and yet affordable component video switchers at kvmstuff.com or what you can do is Google for "Component video switch with remote", i am sure you'll find what you are looking for.